6 | The Goblet of Fire

after screwing up my french exam on tuesday, i am here to deliver a new chapter! how was your week guys?

- - -

''I can't believe it!'' Y/n exclaimed as she watched the Bulgarian Seeker stand next to his headmaster. ''It's Krum! What's he doing here? I didn't know he's still a student! Adrien, look, look, it's Viktor Krum!''

Adrien rolled his eyes, though not letting Y/n take a notice of it. Not that she would've, being so mersmerised with the foreigner. ''Yes, I see him, Y/n. I'm not blind.''

''You seem very excited, L/n,'' Montague pointed out, a sly smirk on his lips. ''If I didn't know better, I'd say you were in love with the bloke.''

''He's not a bloke, you idiot! He's one of the best Seekers there is!'' Y/n corrected him, sounding more or less offended. ''And I'm not in love with him! I just greatly admire him!"'

The three crossed the entrance of the Great Hall, following the rest of the students from the three schools. The Hogwarts students quickly sat down on their respective tables, whilst the other schools seemed unsure how to proceed. The Beauxbatons students decided to take a seat the Ravenclaw table, whilst the Durmstrang pupils made their way towards the Slytherin table.

''Oh Salazar, they're coming here!'' Y/n said and pushed Montague to the side, causing the boy to almost fall off the bench. ''Hey, Viktor Krum, over here!'' Krum looked over to Y/n to see her waving him over and went to sit next to her along with two other Durmstrang students.

Ron, who had been trying to call Krum over to his table, too, sat down with a huff upon seeing the exchange. ''Bloody shucks, he sat down with L/n.''

Fred perked upon upon hearing his brother and whipped his head back to take a look at the Slytherin table. There indeed sat Y/n, seemingly engaged in a lively conversation with the Bulgarian. Though it seemed like Y/n was the one doing all the talking whilst Krum simply sat there and listened, sometimes nodding his head for no or shaking his head for yes, which Y/n seemed confused at. Did they do it differently in Bulgaria? Fred also noticed Adrien's annoyed look towards Krum, which did make him scoff in amusement, even though he himself was in the same boat.

The three Headmasters entered the Great Hall as well and approached the teachers' table. Maxime and Karkaroff took a seat, whilst Dumbledore remained standing, silence falling over the Great Hall as he spoke.

''Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and - most particularly - guests,'' said Dumbledore, beaming around at the foreign students. ''I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable.''

A Beauxbatons girl laughed, casuing Y/n to turn to her with a glare. ''Just go back where you came from, then!" she whispered, annoyance lacing her voice.

''The Tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast,'' said Dumbledore. ''I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home.''

The dishes in front of the students filled with food and Y/n was quick to get a serving of everything she liked. She kept a light conversation with both Krum and Adrien, who were sitting on either side of her as she ate.

''Y/n, why is that boy with the red hair looking at you?'' asked Krum as he looked over his shoulder. Y/n looked up from her food and turned her head as well, seeing that Fred was indeed looking in her direction. She smiled to herself as she turned back around. That was the second time she's caught him doing this, was there something wrong? If she didn't know better, she would've thought he fancied her.