18 | Christmas

hey hey hey y'all! how was your week? also question - do any of you play genshin impact? if yes, who do you main?

- - -

This was the first Christmas Y/n wasn't as excited about. Maybe she should've just went back home for the holidays and none of this would've happened. She had no choice anymore, though, as she was stuck at Hogwarts.

''Merry Christmas, Adrian, Montague!'' Y/n exclaimed, trying her best to act cheerful, as she approached her two friends in the common room.

''Happy Christmas,'' the two said as well, Adrian taking a sip of his hot chocolate. Montague had one as well, and the two seemed to have brought one for Y/n, too.

''Did you guys sneak into the kitchens?'' asked Y/n as she plopped down on the sofa, taking the third cup from the coffee table.

''You bet, Pucey here was whining because he wanted some,'' Montague said as he gestured towards the other boy, who merely rolled his eyes.

Y/n timidly made her way towards the Gryffindor common room, after having given her presents to her friends in Slytherin. Now, she only had to give her present to her brother, who she'd decided to surprise by going to Gryffindor Tower.

When she made it to the portrait, though, she realized she'd have to wait for someone to come in or out so she can ask them to call her brother out. She didn't mind - it's not like she had much to do anyway. Putting her foot up she leaned on the wall, keeping the present close to her as she waited, her mind wandering elsewhere.

Fred walked up the stairs towards Gryffindor Tower, clutching a green-wrapped present in his hand. He'd tried going to the Slytherin common room, looking for Y/n or for someone to deliver his present to Y/n, but when Montague had come out, he'd informed Fred that Y/n had left just before he'd arrived.

So now there he was, looking at Y/n, who was standing next to the portrait of the Fat Lady, looking as pretty as ever. Her hair was down and natural, she had a green Christmas sweater on, and was holding a red-wrapped present.

''Y/n . . .''

The girl looked up, noticing Fred standing there. He was holding something behind his back, which reminded her about that day.

''Oh, uh, hi,'' Y/n said, feeling the awkwardness intensify more and more.

''Did you . . . need something?'' asked Fred as he approached the portrait, ready to go in.

''Yeah, could you maybe call my brother out? I want to give him my present,'' Y/n asked.

Fred simply nodded and said the password to the portrait, slightly disappointed that she wasn't here to see him, though he shouldn't be surprised - she'd come here to see her family and Fred was nothing than a mere acquaintance at the moment.

''Oi, Sammy!'' Fred spoke when he noticed the first-year on one of the sofas, talking with a first-year girl. ''Come here.''

''I'll see you in a bit, Jamie,'' Sam said as he stood up, heading over to Fred with a questionable look. ''What's up?''

''Your sister's waiting for you outside, she wants to give you your present,'' Fred explained.

''Oh! I have to get hers first,'' Sam said and turned around to dash back to his dormitory, but Fred called his name again.

Fred revealed the green-wrapped present from behind his back and handed it to Sam. ''Could you give it to Y/n?''

''Why don't you give it to her yourself?'' asked Sam, cocking an eyebrow.

Fred sighed. ''Just give it to her, will you?''

''Fine,'' Sam said and took the present before walking up to his dormitory.

Fred stood there for a moment, contemplating if he should be giving her the present in general, considering they haven't talked in a while now. Then again, he bought it for her, so she might as well have it.

Y/n stood straight when the portrait of the Fat Lady opened. The siblings greeted each other and exchanged the presents, Y/n looking at her brother in confusion when she realized she had two presents now.

''One of them's from Fred,'' explained Sam and Y/n's eyes widened slightly - was that what he was hiding earlier? - before she thanked her brother and made her way back to the common room.

She was glad that her dorm was empty for a moment, so she can open the present from Fred in peace. Sitting down on her bed, crossing her legs and putting the two presents she'd received just now. She'd open Sam's present later, she'd decided, putting the small, rectangular box Fred had gifted her in front of her on the bed.

Anxiousness crept on her, wondering what it could be. Did she even deserve to open it?

Grabbing one of the ends of the paper she carefully tore it, revealing the black box inside. She put the green paper aside, putting the box in her palm and slowly opening the lid.

Inside laid a silver bracelet, on which four charms were hanging. A snake, a lion, a bat and a bludger. Gryffindor, Slytherin, Beater, as they played the same position on their respective Quidditch teams.

Y/n smiled, though now she felt bad, because she hadn't gotten him anything. Nevertheless, she put the bracelet on, admiring the way it wrapped around her wrist. It was truly beautiful, and she had to thank Fred for it, regardless of their situation.

She'd talk to him tonight, she'd decided. She'd apologize for overreacting and misunderstanding, she'd thank him for the gift and she'd hope he can find it in himself to forgive her.