Chapter 4

Ethan Portgas . . .

We meet at last, you bastard.

He just turned his attention back to where it was before, as if he didn't see his fiancé.

He ignored me.

Me. Jade Louise.

But you know what, screw him.

" Milady, if you may take a look at these." Baron Dominic disrupted my train of thoughts.

I looked at them briefly, there were many.

" I have no time, pack them all at once." I replied. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

" Understood." And the baron ordered the workers to pack it all as soon as possible.

"What's the meaning this?"

Ethan.

" Ah. Lady Pattinson bought them all, my lord." Baron bowed, a little shocked to find the little duke here.

" Greetings, sir Ethan Portgas. What a coincidence." I greeted him with curtsy—although my posture was a little awkward.

He forced a smile at me.

" Lady Pattinson, what might be the reason that brought you here?"

" I was just thinking of shopping for myself, milord."

He was taken aback, confusion forming on his handsome face.

As I thought. He was bothered by my sudden confidence.

I was no longer the old Velvet who trembled when talking to him.

" Now if you'll excuse me, milord. I have some business to do." I turned to the baron. " Send these packages in the Pattinson mansion right away."

Baron Dominic nodded.

I was about to leave but Ethan stopped me.

" Wait." He said. " Would you like to have some tea with me?"

Now what?

Didn't you hate me?

" Ah . . . sure." I forced myself to utter these words.

It would be rude to decline his offer so I had no choice.

We were in a famous restaurant slash coffee shop to have some tea with the duke's son.

We told our guards and Dellie to leave us alone for the mean time.

Ethan ordered slices of cakes, cookies, and tea and sat beside the glass window showing a beautiful view of the square.

" What are you up to?" he asked, sipping his tea.

I knew it.

" What do you mean?" I asked, acting all innocent.

" Those men clothes."

I shouldn't be telling him, but I had this desire to piss this little duke off. I bet it would be highly satisfying.

" I was thinking of training myself as a hobby." I said, forcing a smile.

He scoffed.

" What? A girl must not be thinking of such thing as merely a hobby." He sipped his tea. " Why don't you do embroidery instead?"

I looked at him in the eye.

" I have my reasons."

Strange. I've only been here earlier and it seems like I'm adapting in a hasty manner.