Episode 25

Caspian Throndsen's Point of View.

It's getting dark already, and a sudden scream startled Calixtar and me.

It's coming from Prince Kendric while carrying my unconscious sister. I can also see the coachman holding a sword while doing a piggy-back ride with Ethan, who's also unconscious.

From the moment I laid my eyes on them, my heart skipped a beat and I ran as fast as I can towards them. Calixtar did the same thing.

" What's the meaning of this?!" Said Calixtar as he decided to carry Ethan and held his sword. I saw him mouthed 'thanks for the help' to the coachman as he left.

The prince's face is pale and terrified. It's making my heart race even more. " What happened?!" I gently took my sister from his hands and checked her face if there's anything wrong.

" The princess is fine. I just made her unconscious..." He panicked.

" You what--?!?"

" Please let me explain, your highness!" He winced.

We ran inside the mansion. But before Calixtar stepped inside...he noticed something. And I also thought of what he's thinking.

" Where's Velvet??" He said while looking back at the gate. His face is pale, and his large pupils became even larger than before.

" I'm terribly sorry...!" Kendric said while lowering his head and clenching his fists.

What the...

hell is going on???

***

We decided that my sister should rest on her room with the head maid taking care of her. The maid who studied medicine before was assigned to take care of Ethan. She said it was a simple paralysis and she can find herbs as antidote to heal him. His life is not at risk and we ordered some servants to go get the herbs.

We settled down in the living room to hear some explanation. And we're currently having a hard time dealing with Lucas who's paranoid right now. But thankfully, Red can calm him down.

" So what the hell happened?!" Said Calixtar. This man's also a pain in the ass to deal with. But I can't blame him though.

And here I am...suppressing my feelings to be a good example of being cool-headed.

" We were just looking around the booths until the town was bombed with sleeping gas grenade."

Lilian and Lucas reacted violently and started throwing cursed words. But it's not meant for Prince Kendric though.

"Sir Portgas knew it was a sleeping gas so we somehow, wasn't affected by the gas." He said. " A group of mages appeared in black cloaks and they said they want Lady Pattinson, the reason why is still unknown."

What the...

" Those bastards..." Lucas clenched his fists. Lilian covered her mouth and I can see Kenji gritting his teeth. Red's lost in thoughts and Calixtar can barely suppress his anger.

Prince Kendric continued his explanation while trying to calm himself. I can sense his voice shaking. " Lady Pattinson said that I should prioritize her highness' safety first but Princess Camilla violently objected the idea. So I don't have a choice but to make her unconscious and brought her to the carriage."

"..."

" But I can't just let Sir Portgas and Lady Pattinson fought the mages by themselves because they are clearly at a disadvantage. But the moment I returned, I was surprised to see that there's only one mage left. But Lady Pattinson's in a tight position. I grabbed a shooter and a rock on the ground. I covered the rock with mana and shot it to the mage. I quickly helped Sir Portgas who fell unconscious. But after few seconds, I saw a man in black cloak stood before Lady Pattinson."

"..."

" His aura...his eyes...his killing intent is so severe that I failed to move my legs that time. I didn't caught a glimpse of his face, but after a second... I knew he was going to use teleportation...and they both disappeared."

I was lost for words, and had a hard time processing the situation.

" The hell is their problem?!?" Kenji yelled. All of us can't believe what just happened in a short amount if time. We were just enjoying the day recently until this whole thing happened.

Velvet...

" Is it possible for this to be a simple kidnapping?" Said Red, trying to calm himself but I can tell that he's also worried for his sister. " Maybe they just wanted ransom money?"

That idea is indeed possible.

" But if they want money, they can just took Camilla instead of Velvet, right?" Said Kenji while having a cold sweat.

"No...I don't think anyone have the guts to be executed for treason." Said Red.

" Go rest, Prince Kendric." I said. " It must be exhausting."

"But..."

" This is an order, not a request."

He had no choice but to nod and go to his room.

I can still see Calixtar and Lucas clenching their fists. I also gritted my teeth. I hope she's okay. I hope she's not harmed.

" So? Are we just gonna wait for a letter now?" Said Kenji while spreading his palms on the air.

" Don't tell me that we're just gonna sit idly here." Said Lilian, who's face is bright red from rage.

Lucas and Cal remained silent... Maybe this is what they call the calm before the storm.

Looking at them, you can sense a very strong, dark aura. As expected of the two upcoming strongest men of the empire.

" I'll write a letter to the palace to send some royal knights here. I'll be right back."

I headed to my room, and I'm still lost in my thoughts.

They picked a fight with the wrong lady.

She's the friend of the Imperial Family.

A friend of the Zinitriou Clan.

A friend of the Portgas Dukedom.

An acquaintance of the Prince of Bolamire.

And the first daughter of the Pattinson Family.

With these thoughts, my heart thumps more violently.

I don't know if they're just idiots or they have the confidence and courage to challenge all these powerful families.

Our enemy is a group of mages. Twenty percent of the empire population are mages. They are blessed with abundant mana in their bodies. We are clearly in a disadvantage if we move on our own, because we only have sword skills and brute strength. But Lucas and Calixtar's on our side.

If ever Velvet Pattinson's harmed...

I will not hesitate to let Cal or Lucas kill them all.

To be continued~

(👁️💧👄💧👁️ Sorry for my english grammar~)