Chapter 3

fiancé?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

I choked on my own spit causing me to cough violently for about ten seconds.

I drank water to aid it.

Ahh . . .

Right.

The House of Pattinson and Portgas were in a good relationship since my father—the marquess—and duke Portgas were childhood friends and their relationship wasn't giving any signs of breaking.

So of course, like what almost all people do in this timeline, they were planning to engage their son and daughter for marriage to strengthen their power.

Yes . . .

A marriage with no love.

Majority of the marriages in this world were fixed—especially when it comes to nobles. But of course, on rare occasions, there were also noble couples betrothed through genuine love like Velvet's mother and father, and also the duke and the duchess.

Though it seemed like Ethan and Velvet were not in good terms.

Ethan have always disliked Velvet since childhood.

More memories came rushing through me—I was experiencing a mild headache.

I remembered that he said . . .

" You're so timid! You express excessive altruism to others to the point that you do not even realize that you are, in fact, degrading yourself. You act as if you're not of noble blood.

" You are drenched in pusillanimity. You follow all orders and requests without even thinking twice all because you are afraid to be scolded and to hurt another person's feelings.

"If it wasn't for your status and my father's relationship with yours, I do not think that I'd be capable of understanding why the duke would like his son to be married off to a coward like you."

. . . to Velvet.

Wow, this is intense.

Well, I could say that I understood both sides, but that was a little . . . harsh.

Velvet was just being kind and she had shy personality.

But Ethan was partly right, it was as if Velvet was too scared of her own title—her own privilege.

Memories, come forth!

Ethan never showed this side of his to the duke and treated Velvet as a proper lady worthy of respect in front of him. He would never dare to oppose his father because the Dukedom comes first before his personal interests.

Well . . .

I was different from the Velvet he knew, though.

Ethan was just 15, a year older than her. But I was a couple of years older than him so it should be fine to kick his butt. It wasn't new to me anyway.

I've already kicked a lot of brats' asses for bullying a girl their age which, by the way, was pretty obvious that they had a crush on her. It was fun embarrassing them in front of the girls they like.

" You just have a crush on her and you want her attention. But scared to confess your feelings and you result to bullying her instead . . . haa, kids these days."

"W-what? T-that's not true! You're just like this because boys don't have a crush on you seeing that you're a tomboy!"

They're pissing me off.