~ diplomatic immunity ~

~ the gray-eyed morn smiles on the frowning night, checkering the eastern clouds with streaks of light ~

I smile tightly at the flight attendant, gripping Eve's hand in mine. Everette smiles up at me, dragging me away and out of the airport. It was only 10 seconds before I was tackled into a bear hug.

"Oh my god Dani I've missed your gorgeous face!"

"Penny."

"And that accent."

I laugh gently, pulling back.

"Oh and your mini me." she exclaims, pulling Eve into her hug.

"Hi auntie P." Everett smiles widely at her.

Just as I was about to say something, my phone rings. I let out an annoyed breath sending Penelope an apologetic look. She just smiles at me.

"Valentino."

'It's me.'

"Want a medal."

'I have a job for you.'

"I'm on vacation Clyde, don't fuck with me, I'll shoot you in the leg."

'Feisty, you're worst then Emily.'

"Maybe that's because she actually try's to be nice to you."

'You just hate me because I angered Aaron when Emily went missing.'

"Well you added to the reasons as to why I hate you."

'Don't be so tense darling.'

"Don't call me darling."

Clyde sighs, 'I do have a job for you Francesca.'

"Clyde I am higher than your boss, you don't get to assign me jobs."

'Well your boss-'

"Can tell me himself if he wants me to work. But he won't because he has half a brain to not bother me when I am on VACATION."

'That's why he asked me to ask you.'

"Again, do you want an award."

'It would be nice. You aren't the most fun to talk to.'

"That's what happens when you call me to work on my VACATION."

'You get vacations all the time.'

"The closest thing I've had to a vacation was getting shot two years ago."

'Well-'

"What do you want from me Clyde!"

'Missing persons. Helen Blake, she's the biological daughter of a very important person though she was placed up for adoption when she was a baby. Normally it wouldn't be our problem but said very important person wants us to find their daughter.'