~ germs ~

~ the logic of a madman is a sane man's confusion ~

The elevator hummed softly, vibrating subtly against my feet

The elevator hummed softly, vibrating subtly against my feet. Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous. That probably had everything to do with standing in front of cameras all the time. I think after your first live airing nothing is really that scary.

Aaron had already went to work this morning, waking me up around 5 with a kiss on the forehead and a goodbye. It was weird, I never really had a guy treat me right. And even if me and Aaron were not official, it was probably the closest things I'll ever have to a healthy relationship with a guy.

The elevator dings, the doors sliding open. I'm careful to not fix my appearance or anything. I needed to come off as confident. Penelope Garcia said they were the Behavioral Analysis Unit. That meant I wasn't about to show them any behavior to analyze.

Feigning confidence, I keep my steps strong and steady. My eyes subtly studying everyone around me. Pushing open the door, I'm met with Derek Morgan's shocked face. I walk up to him, seeing as he was the only one a recognized, and sent him an award winning smile.

He returns one with his perfectly whitened straight teeth, his eyes drifting up to the office on top of a ramp then back to me, "You're not here to sue us are you Ms. Valentino?" He asks, eyeing the office again.

For a profiler he is not very good at hiding his behavior, "Not at all, I'm actually here for an interview, I'm looking for a Penelope Garcia." I state, looking up to where he was looking.

"Uh ya," he coughs, not so subtly drawing my attention back to him, "Follow me," Derek instructs, reaching for me. I causally avoid his touch and walk in front of him hoping the action went unnoticed.

He grumbles something but is by me quick bobbing his head in whatever direction he wanted me to turn.

*

"I don't even know why we didn't offer you a job sooner, no wonder everyone is all over you like dog hair on black leggings," Penelope comments, a cheeky grin on her face.

I laugh aloud, shaking my head, "I'm not that good. I just know how to make myself seem like the best," I try to explain, laughing slightly when she holds up her hand as if to say 'shut up'.

"Well it's not hard when you actually are the best," she gushes, groaning slightly when her phone dings. Looking at her computer screen she rolls her eyes, "If I hired right now, would you be able to leave right this second?" She asks, typing on her phone.

My eyes widen but I nod, slowly, "I mean ya, of course," I trail off my eyes zeroing onto her screen. She hums to herself, standing up. Throwing me a file she doesn't even look up from her phone. I follow her out of the room, confusion on my face.

Penelope doesn't stop until she's in front of a group of people, all standing in a circle whispering. She clears her throat loudly, "Hello my lovelies, I was just coming to introduce you to our new communications liaison," she announces pointing at me, a hint of nervousness on her features, "Francesca Valentino, but she prefers Dani or Faye."