Checkmate

Going to school soon, Late as always, so no time for ramble! just copy & paste

___________________

"Wake the hell up my not-so-sexy companions!" I yell jumping onto the mattress's, narrowly missing Tyler's crotch. Lucky him.

"At least I'm sexier than you" Kaden argues throwing a pillow at me.

I snort, "You wish.", I grab onto the first arm I see, and start to drag them out of bed. Which happens to be Joel. He doesn't even fight me, he knows I'll win.

"We, my lovely friends, are going to dance in the rain" I say happily. I'm not usually this happy at this hour, which I think is three a.m.

The guys groaned as another bolt of lightning flashed. I drop Joel's limb and take Kaden's foot since he was the most awake. He had enough strength to throw a pillow at least.

While trying to pry Kaden out of bed I can't help but think how I would get Jace to fake date me. Sure it's freaky he tried to break in, but hey oh well. I need his help.

"Fi-I-ine" Kaden whined, standing up. I grin, and the lightning flashes again. I skip out the door, gripping Kaden's hand. He sighs, following me. I noticed he was just in his boxers. When he changed?, I have no clue.

I run down stairs, I can hear the rest of the guys make their way down. Pushing open the front door, rain plasters my face. I pull Kaden out behind me, skipping in the wet grass. The rest of the guys follow us out, then Xander who's carrying a battery C.D. player, which is playing a song, Double Vision.

He cranks the volume as loud as it goes. "Your clothes just fall off as the day goes!" I yell, not even trying to sing. But the lyrics are pretty accurate for our summer days. Someone always ends up naked, thank goodness it hasn't been me. I start dance like I've lost my mind. Seems like a theme tonight.

Kaden grabs me by the waist, and starts spinning me around. Rain bouncing of all of us as we 'dance' in the lawn. Lightning flashes, thunder booming over our laughter.

"Put me down!" I shriek, watching everything spin around me, letting me see everything. Joel trying to tackle Justin. Tyler just spinning looking to the star spackled sky, rain dripping off his face. Justin dodging Joel, then sitting on him. Last Xander holding the C.D. player to the sky, just swaying back and forth.

"Never!" he yelled, still spinning. He must be getting dizzy, I know I am.

Finally, he slipped, letting us both crash onto the soggy ground. I fell on Kaden, laughing. His chest rose and fall while chuckling. He pushes me off, letting me land face full of mud and grass.

"Eww!" I yell spitting. I wipe my mouth while Kaden continues to laugh at me.

"Awh, give me a hug Kadey!" I yell, still covered in mud.

Now both of us were standing again, "Uhh, sure" he grasps me in a hug. Then it hits me, he was already covered in mud; himself. Of course, trying to get him back, fails as always.

"You just want to feel my muscles" he laughs pulling away while pointing to his bare chest. I don't know how he isn't freezing, I'm cold and wearing more clothes than him.

Lightning flashed again, thunder booming over the music.

I shiver from cold. Rain dripping from every quarter of my body as it continues to pour down. Justin and Joel were still wrestling, Tyler sat on the porch next to Xander just talking over the pounding rain and loud music.

"I'll still save you, you know" Kaden said out of no where, just staring at me. He shows a small smile, grasping my shoulder. The house bursts into light, the powers back on, though rain is still pounding the ground.

"I know" I grin. I push past him, then step over Tyler and Xander to get in the house, feeling my eyes droop. I may have been awake ten minutes ago, but now I'm dead tired.

"Shower shower, time for a shower" I sing to myself, grabbing my remaining clothes from the 'clean clothes' basket. Pair of shorts and Kaden's sweatshirt that I stole last week, and of course undergarments but those are a given.

I drop them on the counter after going into the bathroom and starting the shower. I lock the bathroom door, I learned my lesson last summer at camp. Lets just say,

Seven guys+One naked girl=One awkward rest of the summer

Someone pounds on the door as I step under the hot water. "Jay-J, you in there?" they ask.

"No dip Sherlock!" I yell pouring shampoo in my hand.

"No need to be mean!" they whine, trying to sound hurt.

"Not buying it!" I work the shampoo through my hair, trying to get the mud out.

"What time is it?" I ask, hoping they're still there. I wait a few seconds before they finally yell back, "four thirty" they yell. I guess it was later than I thought.

"By the way, apparently we have to pick that Kairi chick up from the air port at seven-ish." I groan, bad enough we had to clean, still should but probably wont, but now we have to drive for two hours to go get her?

I step out of the shower, and shake my hair out, letting water fly everywhere.

Putting my clothes on, I look in the mirror. I look like I'd died and come back to life based on how tired I look. I'm not gonna be able to go back to bed either, until we drive to the air port. About a half hour from now, boys prepare for crabby Jay-J.

I force myself out of the bathroom shivering. Cold air biting at my bare legs. My teeth chatter as I walk to the kitchen where Kaden is cooking something that smells amazing. Since when can he cook.

I drop into one of the bar stools next to Justin, who's shoving egg into his mouth.

"I want one" I whine dragging out 'One' while reaching out my arms over the counter.

Kaden drops a plate in front of me with a smile. I lick my lips, taking the fried egg by my fingers, and start eating it. Ignoring the searing pain in my finger tips, and now mouth.

"Chill Jay" Kaden laughed, watching me eat.

I continue to just eat my egg, slowly bobbing my head side to side. I hear Tyler, Joel, and Xander fighting in the other room.

"We're leaving at five, since apparently there's a shit-load of traffic, so says the news" Justin mumbled licking his fingers, handing Kaden his clean plate.

I groan, my time seems to be disappearing by the second. "Fine" I growl, "Who's driving?"

Kaden's face seems to light up, "Me" he nearly sings. My eyes widen, "I get shot gun!" I yell. Kaden always lets me have shotgun when he drives, my argument is I'm smaller than the guys and they'll squish me. More like they smell sometimes, but who's asking anymore? They gave up months ago.

Justin slaps the back of my head, trying to get me to be quite. "Do you have a hangover?" I ask, taking the last bite of egg.

Justin stares at me bewildered. "You were with me last night. Did I drink? No"

"Grumpy" I sing, spinning in my chair.

"Leave him 'lone Jay-J, he got turned down" Kaden says coming behind me, gathering me in a hug.

"Ouch, by who?" I ask, sympathizing.

"Becca" he sighed. He'd started liking Becca at the beginning of the year apparently he thought I'd say something so he didn't tell me.

"Awh, I'm sorry" I apologize. He really liked Becca.

"No problem" he sighed. I reach forward and grab his forward, squeezing it lightly.

"Time to go!" Joel yells, running through the house for no apparent reason with Xander and Tyler running behind him seeming more angry than joking.

Kaden takes my hand, and I take Justin's and we head to the car, with the screaming 'guys' make their way out behind us. This is gonna be a long day.