Checkmate

Jace had taken me to his house, not bothering to sign either of us out of school, nor even getting our things.

"Jace your hurting me" I squeaked as he pulled me into his dark house.

"Maybe you shouldn't have tried to cheat on me" he growled pushing me in front of him into a dark room.

"I didn't!" I exclaim, my limbs scratching the ragged wood paneled walls as he continues to push me along. What kind of house is this?

"Not what I saw" he yelled finally pushing me straight into a wall. I groan in pain. He grabs my chin harshly, "So don't lie" he growled.

"I'm not ly--" he slapped me across my cheek. My face stings, I could tell it was turning red already.

"Just tell me why you hit him" I plead holding my cheek softly.

He glares at me with beady eyes, "Shut up" he growls.

"No! Answer me or I leave and don't come back" I threaten pushing him. He pushes me against the wall even harder.

"No" he says simply. He starts to walk away but I grab his arm, "Tell me" He grabs my hand, twisting my arm around pinning me to the wall.

"Let me go!" I scream, squirming trying to get away from his harsh grip. He forces me harder against the wall, "Shut up" he glares. His grip loosens just enough for me to get free.

"Jayanna!" he screams, as I run past him into another room, he bounds after me. I open a door which leads to a closet. I rush inside and burrow into the back, and crouch down as small as I possibly can.

"Jayanna Alexa Valentine! Come out now!" he demanded at the top of his lungs, how could his neighbors not hear? I inhale dust as I try and slow my nervous pant. If I don't slow down, he'll hear me, I'll be in more trouble than I ever thought I would be before.

I drop my head in my lap and let a few tears fall, listening to his screaming. Finally after what seems hours, it ceases as a phone rings. A door slams and sound ceases completely.

I crawl to the door of the closet and peer out the crack, I don't see anything. I push it open and look around.

Nothing.

I let out a nervous sigh, and walk quickly to the front door and rush out not closing it incase it would make a lot of noise. It was dark out, how many hours had I been in the closet?

I run across the dead grass of Jace's lawn and onto the street. It was cold by now, so shorts and a tank top is not exactly warm. When reaching a normal street, car horns blare at me and Perverts yell things. I just raise my middle finger to them all.

A car horn honks at me and they pull over and drive along side me.

"Jay-J get in" they said, looking at me.

I stare at Kaden, I could feel him looking at the bruises.

"No" I say simply.

"What happened to you?" he asked worried.

"We got in a car accident, didn't you hear, no one died though, thank goodness. I was the only one hurt. Should've worn that darned seat belt huh?" I lie, thinking of Jannie, and my parents since they both had died in car accidents. Life's not fair like that.

~~Kaden's POV~~

I knew she was lying. She never forgets to wear her seat belt after the past year. Never. She was too smart to forget that.

"Tell the truth this time" I said looking into her dead eyes.

"I'm not lying" she said frowning. Her eyebrows creased as she narrowed her eyes.