Trust Me Epilogue

Epilogue.

"Your going to have to tell this to a jury" my lawyer explained to me, we sat in a police integration room in metal chairs. I was facing the mirror, that I knew was a one way window. I've seen enough cop shows to figure that out by now.

I take a deep breath, "Okay."

Two weeks later I find myself in a court room Jace sitting at the defendant's side staring at me with dead eyes. I was to be helping charge him with Domestic Violence, and Assault on multiple counts.

"So Miss. Valentine, is it true your parents passed along with your sister in the past year?"

"Yes but that does that have to do with anything?"

"Is it possible you just want someone to blame for their deaths?"

"What? No!" I exclaim. I look out to the prosecutors side, I could see my aunt, other family, friends.

People who cared about me.

"Do you have proof of the abuse?" The defending lawyer asked me.

"Objection!" the prosecutor yelled.

"I'll allow it" the judge said pushing his glasses up his face, "Miss. Valentine, answer the question"

"No.." I breathed, I never took pictures or such. I should have..

"Then who says there was ever abuse!" the lawyer yelled.

"I do! I came home beaten and scared! It was living hell! I was dating him for a short time and it was pure hell damnit!" I yelled standing from my seat.

"Miss. Valentine!" The judge yelled commanding me to sit or be in the contempt of court, so I sat.

"Your witness" the lawyer said to the other lawyer who stood and came toward me.

"Miss Valentine I need you to answer some questions.."

Questions were launched at me for what seems hours but finally the jury was sent to find their verdict. They returned quickly in twenty minutes flat.

"How does the jury find the defendant?" The judge asked. I crossed my fingers sitting in the front row.

"On the charge of Domestic Violence and four counts of Assault, we find the Defendant Guilty" I smile like its unreal silent tears slide down my face of happiness.

"On the charge of Attempted Murder, we find the defendant Guilty" I laugh out loud I'm so happy at this point. Kaden had to return to the hospital today for complications so he couldn't be here, but the feeling was amazing. The weight of the world was lifted of my shoulder.

I turn and hug whoever was next to me, My aunt.

"Shh, it's over sweetie" she cooed.

It's over..

Somehow I highly doubt that.

Follow Me, Coming Soon