😊😊Best Friends😊😊

Lance's POV

"I can't wait to meet the new person." I say cheerfully. My two friends stare at me with puzzled looks. I'm guessing they don't know we're having a new student. "Ance, we don't even know whether they're going to be in our class." Hunk said with a sad look. I huffed. They don't know what they're talking about. I overheard the teacher talking about the new student being in this very class. Maybe I was listening too hard.

"Class, Class, settle down." The teacher said with a smile and clapped her hands. The other students became quiet and waited for the teacher to speak again. "As you guys may know, we have a new pupil joining us today." 

I tried to contain my squeals of excitement but just knowing I was right made me ecstatic. "Is it a boy or girl?" I raised my hand and smiled. "Boy." The teacher answered with her infamous grin, "You can stop hiding now, little one."

There was a little movement behind the teacher. I was confused. Was he scared? Maybe I can help him be comfortable enough to show himself! I get up and wobble a bit. I giggle and ran towards the teacher. I saw small fists clenching onto the teacher's dress. Aww, he's shy. I poked one his fists and saw him flinch. Oops, maybe that wasn't the right way to make him show himself. "Lance, why don't you try to help our new friend out?" The teacher beamed. I nodded and walked behind her dress. I caught a good glance at him. He's pretty! He has pale skin and purple eyes. Those purple eyes really bring out his pale complexion. He has black hair with a pink butterfly pin keeping his bangs from covering his face. Wow, he's pretty cute. "Hiya, I'm Lance!" I say as I hold out my hand. He looks at it hesitantly and didn't speak. "I hope you like it here. I can show you around if you'd like!"

He shook his head no. I frown a little. Did I not make him comfortable enough? Normally, I would be the student that'll make everyone feel better or happy. "Wanna come hangout with me and my friends?" I ask as I jab my thumb over my shoulder.

He just stared at me and moved closer to the teacher. I pout at that little action. "There's no need to be shy, I'm nice. I promise!"

He gave me a look and I'm guessing that look is double checking or something like that. "I-I'm K-Keith." He murmured. I smiled, "Nice to meet you, Keith!"

I saw him let go of the teacher's dress and move closer to me. "Let me show you my friends!" I say and grab ahold of his hand and lead him to my two friends. His hands are pretty soft, he has baby soft hands. Before we could get there we were bombarded by students trying to talk to Keith. I can tell he's scared, he held my hand tighter. "Guys give him some space." I say and dragged Keith out of the crowd. We finally made it to my group of friends. "The one with light brown hair is Pidge and the one with dark brown hair is Hunk." I let go of Keith's hand and introduced my friends to him, "Pidge, Hunk, this is Keith."

Keith gave them a shy small wave. "Nice to meet you, Keef!" Pidge giggled. "Keef? I like that!" Hunk chimed in. I laughed and saw Keith smile a bit. "Oh, wanna play Voltron with us?" Hunk asked.

"W-What's Voltron?" Keith asked. I gasped, "You don't know Voltron?"

Keith shook his head no, "Is that a type of food?"

I laughed. "No Keith. Voltron is a legendary warrior! There's five lions that can form into this giant awesome robot!" I explained excitedly. Keith looked pretty impressed and I'm quite happy about that. "I'm the blue lion, Pidge is the green one, Hunk is the yellow one, and you can be the red one." I say and hand him the red Lion. "What about the black one?" He quietly asked.

We never really found someone capable of being the black lion, but Keith has it in him so maybe he can be both. "Do you want to be the black lion too?" I asked. Keith shook his head no and looked around. "Maybe the girl over there can be the black lion." Keith pointed at the brown skinned girl sitting alone. "I can ask her if she wants to play." I got up and walked over to her. "Wanna play Voltron with me and my friends?" I asked her. She nodded and walked over with me to my group. "Okay, do you wanna be black?" Hunk asked her.

"No, I wanna be the blue lion." She smiled. "You can't because I'm already the blue lion." I crossed my arms and pouted.

"I don't wanna be the black lion though." She mumbled. I huffed. There's no way I'm im letting her take blue from me. Me and Blue got a history. "How about I be black and you be red?" Keith held out his lion to me. "Hunk said that the red lion is the right hand person of the black lion, which is the leader. I want you to be my right hand man." Keith said softly. I look at Keith in disbelief. He wanted me to be his right hand man?! I mean, I like blue but Keith wants me to be his right hand man. I sighed, "Okay, Allura you can be the blue lion." I grumbled and handed her the blue lion. She squealed and handed me the black lion. Keith took the black lion from me and handed me the red lion. "Let's save the universe!" Pidge yelled triumphantly. We laughed and played Voltron for the rest of the class. We were having so much fun! I wished this day would never end!

"Alright, time for dismissal." The teacher said and let the parents inside the classroom to collect their kids. I blinked. Wait, it's already time to go?! "That was fast." I mumbled. I saw Keith cleaning up the mess he made and I decided to help. "I don't wanna stop playing." Keith said in a dismally tone. "Don't worry Keith, we can continue playing tomorrow!" I smiled at him. He gave me a small smile and looked over my shoulder. "Mommy!" He called out. I saw someone with the same complexion as him come pick him up from the floor. "I see you've met a new friend." She booped Keith's nose and smiled down at me. "What's your name?"

"I'm Lance!" I say to her and saw my mom walk inside. "Mama!"

I always got excited when I saw my mom pick me up. "Hello mijo." She cooed and kissed my forehead. "You met another amigo?" She asked.

"Yup, that's Keith!" I pointed at Keith and he gave my mom a small wave. "That's nice sweetheart." My mom hugged me.

"Remember Keith, we'll continue playing tomorrow!" I wave at him and watched his mom take him away. I can't wait for tomorrow.

~

Lance

"Babe, you okay?" Keith asked in a hushed tone as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist. Lance tensed up but then remembered that was his beautiful husband. "'M fine." Lance responded and kissed Keith's temple. Keith hummed and smirked, "C'mon, we don't wanna be late for Hunk's wedding." Keith grabbed Lance's hand and led him out of the bathroom to their front door. Lance smiled to himself. He didn't know that he would get the shy kid from years ago to be his husband. It all felt surreal. The up and downs they had to get to the point they are at now was so worth it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I wanted to make something like this and kinda like how it turned out. Hope you enjoyed. Love ya beauties ❤️🦋

Mwah! 💋

See you next chapter!

Words: 1342