Chapter Eight: I Need You

"How are you feeling?" the doctor asked me, looking concerned.

I shrugged. "Fine." was all I said. I didn't know where I was, why I was here, why I was pregnant, or who John, Paul, George, and Richard were.

"Well, we have your test results. You have medium temporary amnesia. Most of your memory will come back throughout the next four or five months, but there might be some things that you just won't be able to remember, such as; your love life, or certain qualities about your friends." the doctor explained.

I nodded, "When am I free to go?"

"In about two months. We need to keep you here to observe your behaviour and see what things you remember first, that way we can determine what you most likely will not be able to remember about your life. We also need to run some tests in order to see what you already remember and know."

"Okay." I agreed. I looked over at Richard. His eyes were full of tears, and a single drop rolled down his face. John was rubbing his back, trying to comfort him. Paul had his head in his hands, and was sitting on a couch. George was seated next to Paul, gazing at me with worried eyes.

The doctor smiled slightly at me, then left the room quickly.

I looked around the room, waiting for someone to speak up. No one did.

Suddenly Richard got up and left the room. John glanced over at the door then looked at me.

"Why'd he leave?" I asked, looking at John.

"He probably just can't handle what's going on right now. Just give him some time." John replied, looking out the window.

I looked down at the bed linens, messing around with my fingers. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the pillow, slowly falling asleep...

--Two Weeks Later--

Over the past two weeks, the doctors had done multiple tests on me, and had so far figured out that I wouldn't remember most of my love life or some people's personalities. Richard had stayed with me at the hospital the whole time, and the other three guys had visited at least twice a week. I was visited once by a girl named Nicole and another girl named Mary. They were crying and telling me that a girl named Heidi had pneumonia, and was in the hospital only a few rooms away from me.

--A month later--

I had had several tests run on me by the doctors, and they told me that I would not be able to remember what some people had done for me or to me. I had made it clear to Richard and the other three guys that I didn't want to be in a relationship with anyone, just to make this less complicated.

The tests also revealed that I remembered some major things that had happened in my life; my parents being murdered, and Richard leaving me. I could remember some other small bits and pieces, like some sweet things that Richard had done for me, and how kind George was.

I couldn't really remember anyone's personality though. All four of the guys seemed sweet and caring, and John was kind of the witty, sarcastic type. Paul seemed genuinely nice and caring, and seemed as though he really wanted me to get better. George was the quiet, kind, comforting guy, and Richard was very caring, and extremely thoughtful. They all seemed as though they could never hurt a fly.

-Two months later, January 3-

The doctors kept me there for an extra month, just to run some more tests, and they told me that I was going to be having my child soon, in about two or three days. I could feel the baby kicking a lot, and it sometimes kept me awake at night.

We had celebrated John's 24th birthday in the hospital, on October 9th, and had cake and ice cream. The cake brought back memories of Richard and I flinging cake batter at each other, I have no idea when.