School Reunion-11(Revelation Arc)

Kei POV

I knocked at the door and heard a gentle voice,

"Come in."

All of us stood in front of oka-san while she asked us to sit down and relax.While we were adapting to our surrounding,She closed her eyes as if trying to finalise something.When she felt all our eyes on her,she opened her eyes slowly.

"First of all,I thank all of you for coming here on such a short notice."

"But before I begin,can I trust everyone in this room that not a word spoken in this room will reach outside?"

We looked at each other and nodded affirmitively.Then Hirata comforted her,

"Don't worry at all Mrs.Ayanokoji.None of us would do anything like that."

She felt relieved.

"Today,I will answer all your questions regarding kiyo.But before that,I want to narrate a short story."

We were confused but Ichinose stood up and spoke,

"Won't it be better if kiyotaka-kun is here?Shall we wait for him to return?"

"No,Honami-chan.We can have this discussion precisely because he isn't here."

Everyone grew quiet.Somehow,it felt wrong to have this discussion behind his back.

"Don't worry.I will take full responsibilty if anything unexpected were to happen.Without wasting more time,please let me continue."

We were taken aback from her sudden aggresive attitude.She seemed desperate even though she didn't show on her face.

"Pardon me-I was a bit anxious.Kiyo has gone to meet someone and I have asked them to stall him,so we only have about 1-2 hours."

3rd person POV

Everyone realised that they were short on time so without further delay she began,

"Around 30 years ago,there was a man.With an average education and intelligence,he had no redeeming qualities except for one-his fierce determination.Whatever he wanted,he obtained it using any method possible.It was this quality that attracted a woman towards him and they married each other.By the age of 25,he already held a high position in the government and it would not be surprising to call him the most powerful man in Japan in a matter of years.

However,one day everything changed.

Suddenly he resigned from his position and was rarely ever seen in public again.He denied interacting with anyone else for months.Rumours spread that he was depressed and was in a chronic mental condition but the few people who knew him held other opinions.

That day forward,his eyes showed darkness.Darkness that could engulf anyone.

He started seeing people around him as mere tools to achieve his goals.In his eyes,even his wife amounted to nothing more than a tool.

He discarded the notion of equality in our society.He firmly believed that when a human is born,everyone is equal.However,their education henceforth decides their heirarchy in the human society.

  {To be human is to be unequal. Equality does not exist.}

Based on these ideas,he created an underground institute,in the middle of the forest with minimal outside interaction as well as influence.It was well hidden even from the government of Japan.

This institute focused on creating artificial geniuses who would lead the future generations of Japan.

At least that's what everyone involved with this institute thought.

In contrast to the darkness filled inside him,this institute was entirely white.From the walls to the bedsheets to the clothes.They were all white.

He called it the-White Room."

Her mouth ran dry while narrating this story.She drank some water while the others just waited for her in anticipation.A few moments later,she resumed,

"The children were brought up here since they were born.From the children of nobles to the orphans in which he saw potential,they were trained in that room.

As ambitious as that idea sounded,the training was harsh-perhaps too harsh.As a result ,none of the first three generations of white room could complete the entire training which was made to last for 14 years.

One by one they were all kicked out of the institution.They had no consideration for 'incompetent' children.Many suffered from severe mental as well as physical trauma.By the end of their first year,only a handful were remaining.These too,were producing just cut off results according to the researchers in the institute.

Around that time,the head of the institute became a father.Against his wife's wishes,he brought his own child in the White room as the first student of the 4th generation.He was willing to disown his own son if his wife was not willing to comply with his demands.

The moment the boy opened his eyes-he did not see his father or mother but a plain white ceiling.

His training started the very next day and as he grew up,he broke every record white room had ever made.By the age of 7,he already had learnt everything until University level.By 12,he defeated professional martial artists.

His fathers idealogy-

            All people are nothing but tools. It doesn't matter how it's done. It doesn't matter what needs to be sacrificed. In this world, winning is everything. As long as I win in the end...That's all that matters.

was drilled in everyone's head.That boy had surpassed all expectations.Calling him a genius would be cold modesty.However,one thing stood different from the rest-his eyes.

These were not the eyes of a child.

These were the eyes of a god.They could see through everything.

Devoid of any emotion.With no will of their own.

Perfect to be his father's greatest tool.

That boy was-

Kiyotaka Ayanokoji."