School Reunion-10(Revelation Arc)

"Gladly"

Hiyori got up from her seat and left to join the party.

Beep

I check my phone to find a message by mom.

If you are free,please go to the mentioned address and give my regards and a gift to Agami family.It's their marriage anniversary today.

Well,mom had close connections with Agami family but why do I personally need to go and greet them.Any of our attendants could have done it.

Beep

Thinking why must you go?Its simple social etiquette.Now get going!

She really read my mind.Well I didn't want to upset her and was in a good mood so decided to go.

I called my driver to bring a car here and was about to leave when..

Kei POV

I saw kiyo leaving the place.I quickly ran towards him and stopped him.

"Kiyo!Where are you going in the middle of a party?Come on, join the fun."

"Sorry,kei but I must get going as I have an urgent matter to attend to."

"Then at least let me accompany you."

"No kei,we are the hosts for today.One must stay here in case."

"But-"

Beep
Beep

Both of our phones were notified at the same time.It was from oka-san.(kiyo's mom)

Don't worry!I have given him some work.He will be back soon.You party some more.

I could never bring myself to disobey oka-san so I meekly obliged.

Kiyo POV

Both of our phones rung at the same time.

One of you should stay here in case something happens.I am going for a nap.Also,be a man for once and take a good decision!

Just how observant was my mom.Just by looking at us she could tell where the conversation would be heading.
I think I need to reevaluate her.

I knew exactly what she meant by a good decision.It meant a 'diplomatic' decision.From the looks of it,kei too must have received a message to let me go alone.

So in this current situation,I need to make both kei and mom happy.

"Kei,I know I should spend more time with you but this task must be done by today.I promise that tonight we will dine together,just the two of us."

"Mou~how can you sa-"

Before she could complete,I pulled her closer to me and kissed her.Everytime I kiss her, something inside me ignites.Giving me a purpose.

I let go of her to find her completely red.Well that settles it.At least she won't be upset.

I waved a goodbye to her and left.

Kei POV

I was red as a tomato.We ki-kissed in public!Ah!How is he so bold.Everytime he is around,my heart goes Doki Doki.If I told the me who had just joined high school that Kiyo would be my husband,never in a million years would I believe it.
Look what you did to me,kiyo.
Kiyo-baka

While I was engrossed in my own internal monologue-

"Kei San,I found the ID ca-.Why are you so red,kei?"Ichinose asked me.

"Heh?!W-what!No,nothing happened"

I waved my hands frantically trying to deny anything.

"If you say so.Anyways,Me and Horikita san found our ID's.The event is over so we came looking for you and kiyotaka kun."

"Oh,Kiyo has currently gone out to attend some urgent matters.He will be back soon.Lets not stand here.Lets go."

Saying that I motioned the waiter and the music stopped.

"Meena,we have our winners for the night!Hiyori-chan,Honami-chan and Horikita-san."

Everyone cheered.

"Their prizes will be given later.For now,let the party resume!!"

Everyone raised their glasses to cheer and started enjoying themselves. Miraculously,Ichika's trick had worked and everyone was having the time of their lives.

Beep

I glanced below at my phone to see a message from oka-san asking me to meet her urgently.
I quickened my pace while thinking of all the possibilities this situation could lead to.

I forcefully opened the door where she was lying on the sofa and watching TV.

"Oh,come in Kei."She said to me in a carefree tone.

"Whats wrong oka-san?"I asked worriedly as she had something urgent to say.

"Kei,there are some important things I need to tell you but first can you gather Kiyo's closest and trustworthy friends and bring them there."She replied in a serious tone which was unusual for her.

It was mostly likely a huge announcement so I had to decide carefully who all to select.I nodded seriously.

"Well,then I will leave it in your hands,Kei!"

She was back in her usual cheerful demeanor.Now I had an important task at hand.

I started listing the people who I could confide into and were close to kiyo.

After racking my brains for half an hour or so,I came up with the names.

The group would consist of Hirata,Horikita,Honami,Hiyori,members of Ayanokoji group and of course,me.

Ryuuen respected kiyo very much however at the end of the day,they were still frenemies.Also knowing him,he would not hesitate even for a second before exposing everything.So,I striked him off the list.

By the next fifteen minutes,I had gathered everyone and we were moving towards oka-san's room.

"Umm..kei?Is something the matter?"Honami asked noticing my anxiety.

"Honestly,I myself don't know why we are being called by oka-san."

Deciding it would be useless to pry deeper into the matter,the group walked silently towards the room.

Ayanokoji Hina POV

As I watched television waiting for kei to gather kiyo's close friends,I felt restless.

No,it wasn't restlessness.

It was fear.Fear of what would happen if things go wrong.If that happens-

She heard a light knock and allowed them to come in.She gestured them to sit while she closed her eyes.

For her that gathering was not just a group of kiyo's friends.

They were her last hope.Chances that things would go wrong were undoubtably high.

If that were to happen,every step kiyo had taken towards becoming more human would go in vain.

He would probably never forgive her but she could not back away now.

She had to decide something NOW.

She could not repeat the same mistake she made 23 years ago because this time,deep inside,she had a small hope.

She decided to cling to onto that hope.