xvi

[9:31am]
[november 18]

you woke up to the sweet smell of waffles, and the loud sound of pots and pans banging against each other. you got to george's house around 1:45am and didn't get settled into the guest room until 2am.

you got out of bed, adjusting to your surroundings. you had some jet lag, but you quickly adapted. you walked into the living room, after freshening up in the bathroom, and you saw george and clay bent over a bowl of waffle batter. you looked around the living room, considering you didn't get a chance to last night. you noticed there were no blankets or even any trace of someone sleeping on the couches. and you were staying in the only guest room george had. did clay sleep with george?

"morning!" clay says with a wide smile

"morning," you groan back. george had his back turned to you. he was extremely focused on his waffles.

he turned around and startled himself when he saw you, "uh-AH! oh, y-you scared me, morning heh," he started panting and then began to laugh with clay.

you shook your head as he handed you a plate of waffles and a bottle of syrup,

"if you want fruit, you can rummage around in the fridge, or have your brother get it."

"i'm okay thank you."

the three of you ate mostly in silence, with the occasional groan of satisfaction, "george these are SO GOOD! when did you learn how to cook?" your brother asked

"i've always been good at making waffles, but don't ask me to make pancakes, or pasta."

you giggled at his comment and quickly went back to eating. his waffles were very good. when the three of you finished eating, you went to your room to get a shower, and got around for the rest of the day.

you chose to wear a light pink sweater with black jeans. you also decided to put on a little bit of makeup; just some highlighter and mascara. today was the first day you were meeting tommy in person and the two of you were planning to meet at a small cafe around 2pm.

only 3 more hours...

you joined clay and george in the living room to watch tv. they sat on the smaller couch, while you sat in a chair across from them. you noticed they were sitting quite closely together, but you didn't think too much of it.

"hey y/n, are you doing stuff with tommy today or are you gonna chill with us?" george asked, "i really don't care what you do, i just wanna know in advance."

"um yeah i'm probably gonna spend the day with tommy, sorry for any inconvenience..." you figured george didn't care, but it still didn't feel 100%.

"oh no y/n you are fine. it's absolutely fine, i just wanted to know," george says in return

"oh okay, i'm meeting him at 2pm at a small cafe, he sent me the directions and it's only like 20 minutes away from here."

"oh that's cool, are you staying at his house tonight?" clay asked,

"no i think i will tomorrow for a few days. his mom said she was okay with it." you said

he nodded in approval and shifted his focus back to the tv. you decided to use this time wisely and unpack the rest of your things in the guest bedroom. 

———

after about an hour and a half, you were all set up and unpacked. you glanced at the clock and realized you had roughy an hour until you left.

might as well scroll on twitter.

you saw a couple of mentions, a bunch of follows, and a few likes. you haven't been posting anything, but you plan on changing that in the next two weeks.