ii

[11:36 am]

after a rather restful sleep, you woke to the gentle shaking of your shoulder. as you opened your eyes, you saw a familiar blonde figure standing above you.

"wake up. there's ham and a cheddar omelette downstairs with your name on it," he smiled as he spoke.

wow he hasn't made me breakfast in months you thought to yourself.

"oh— you didn't have to do that. thank you though." despite being half asleep, you hopped out of bed as he left the room. as you placed your feet on the floor, you felt the plush fabrics of various blankets beneath you.

what the hell, did he sleep on the floor? i really don't deserve him. you stood there for a moment in awe.

before you headed downstairs, you make your way to the bathroom to freshen up.

ugh i swear he never puts the seat down. you recoiled in the sight of the lifted toilet seat and slowly lowered it with your foot. you were never fond of touching any toilet with your bare hands.

after freshening up, you headed down stairs and waited for clay to serve you.

"good morning sunshine" Clay says with a smile, dragging out the "o" in good.

"mornin" you simply said. you aren't a big morning person even though it was almost noon at this point.

clay brought over your omelette along with ham, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese. unfortunately, the cheese was nearing the end of the bag, so it wasn't even that good.

"this is really good clay," you said with a mouth full of egg. you wished he could make breakfast more often, but your sleep schedule doesn't align with his.

"thanks, i made it with love," he said as he flipped another omelette onto his plate.

you scoffed, but you couldn't help but let your mind wander.

"hey uh, did you sleep on the floor last night? you could've at least slept in my bed."

"yeah, it wasn't as bad as it sounds though. i just made sure i had a good blanket and pillow. besides, i didn't wanna leave you because then it would've been the same as if you slept in your room," he set a fork on his plate and sat down next to you, "and i just wanted to know you were okay."

"aw Clay you didn't have to. don't get me wrong i'm glad you did, but you really didn't have to."

he chuckled, "yeah but i wanted to."

other than the sound of metal against glass and the occasional burp, the kitchen was silence for a few moments.

"hey, how would you like to come to England with me over thanksgiving break? george and i planned on meeting up sooner, but i wanted to take you with me. i figured you might want to, and george said it was okay if you did." clay asked. he had known george for almost 5 years and they hadn't met in person yet.

"that sounds fun, but i dunno if i would like it. i think it would just be disorienting and stressful. besides, i don't know anyone in england."

"i know, i know. i just think it will be good for you to get out of the house. and don't act like you and george aren't friends."

clay is technically correct. you have talked to george on multiple occasions, but you've never gotten to know him more than a standard friend would.

"i'll think about it." you say reluctantly.

as much ad you wanted to travel the world, you weren't sure you were ready for it. traveling can get pretty expensive, and there is always the risk of something going wrong, whether that's losing your bags in the luggage claims, or the risk of your plane crashing over an ocean. the thought of it all freaked you out, so you tried hard not to think about it.

"well, i'm going to hop on the smp soon. you have the IP address, so if you ever decide you want to come on, be my guest." clay said as he set his dishes in the sink.

"okay, have fun," you replied as you watched him walk up the stairs.

despite having the server IP for months, you haven't gathered the courage to actually log into it. you kept telling yourself you would, but summer is ending soon, and you never got around to it. maybe one day you'll join, it all depends on your mood.

[word count: 726]
[new word count: 768]

[edited september 30th 2020, 2:52 am]
[rewritten august 1st, 2021]