xxv

[december 4... last day]
[8:56am]

the warm movements next to you slowly rocked you out of your slumber. you opened your eyes to find yourself snuggled into tommy's side. surprisingly, he was awake.

"good morning," he said with a smile.

"morning," you laid your head on his side. he placed his hands in your hair and ran his fingers through it, while you savored this moment because you knew it was one of the last.

"we have to get up soon, don't we," you sighed

"yeah. i guess we do," tommy muttered as he sat up and walked into the bathroom. you also sat up and stretched, before hopping over to your crutches. you made your way into the kitchen to see george was making french toast.

"mornin," he said with an optimistic voice. apollo sat at his feet, playing with the extra fabric of his pants.

"hello," you sat down at the island, "french toast, huh?"

"yeah. i figured it's better than airport food and we're out of poptarts," george said as tommy walked into the room. he sat down next to you and you ruffled his hair.

george gave you and tommy 3 pieces of french toast each, along with some strawberries, blueberries, and syrup. you didn't touch the blueberries, but you happily enjoyed some strawberries with your breakfast.

tommy, on the other hand, ate his french toast in a matter or minutes, as well as every morsel of food on his plate. you wondered if he tasted any of the food that went into his mouth.

while you encouraged tommy to breathe, george encouraged you to pack; considering you failed to do so the night before.

"go, i'll clean up," george said, as he ushered you and tommy out of the kitchen while he collected the plates. you pulled to tommy into your room, and sat down on your bed.

"can you do me a favor?" you asked him

"anything for you, madam," he bowed jokingly

"can you get my suitcases? i originally used a chair to put them up there, but given the current circumstances..."

"sure," tommy laughed and grabbed your bags with ease, thanks to his height. he set the bags on your bed, and you began to grab your clothing out of the drawers. due to the time restriction, you practically threw the clothes into the suitcases while tommy started grabbing your shirts off of the hangers.

"i'm so glad i brought an empty bag with me. somehow i can never fit luggage back into the bag it came in," you said as you shoved socks into a pocket of your suitcase.

"you also got a lot more clothes while you were here," tommy mentioned. you nodded in response as you made sure all of your clothing was out of the dresser.

"now onto the shoes," you gestured to the closet floor beneath tommy. you only brought 4 pairs, but you wondered where they were supposed to go. one on your right foot obviously, but what of the other seven?

tommy helped gather the shoes and set them on the bed. you were glad you didn't bring any variants of big/platformed shoes once you saw that seven shoes barely fit into the bag.

roughly 30 minutes later, everything you brought to england was tightly packed into two suitcases— other than what you were going to wear that day. you looked around the empty room for a moment, accepting the prolonged sadness dwelling in your heart.

you ushered tommy out of the room before you began to change into a fresh pair of clothes. today you were wearing a blue t-shirt, sweatpants, and a jacket. you were so glad you showered the night before, since you definitely wouldn't have had time to this morning.