xii

{a/n: this is not a tommy and drista ship. this isn't a drista pov, and i don't intend on turning this into that.}

[6:27am]
[november 11]

you woke up that morning with a sweet smile on your face, seeing patches on your left side purring. it was a thursday morning, one week until you can see tommy, and george too.

you got up for school, got dressed and packed all of your school things into your bookbag. the air was getting cooler in Florida, but it was still Florida, so the temperature sat at a comfortable 65° Fahrenheit/ 18° Celsius.

this morning, you left the house 20 minutes earlier than usual. Claire told you to stop by her house and walk with her, so you did. you needed a good time to tell her that you were leaving next week and now seemed like a good time. sure, everyone at your school knows that your now a twitch streamer who is "practically dating" TommyInnit, but nobody knows the two of you are meeting up. it was orchestrated behind closed doors.

you finally arrived at Claire's house and was greeted with a hug. "y/n!! you're here! to be honest i didn't expect you to accept my offer."

"well why wouldn't i? but first i have some exciting news!" you say

"well shoot! what is it?!" she says, almost yelling,

"i'm leaving next week." you see the color in claire's face slowly fade away. before she has a chance to speak, you quickly say, "to go see Tommy."

her eyes widened, "OH MY GOSH REALLY NO WAY OMG!!!! THIS IS AWESOME THIS IS AMAZING THIS IS- wait. how are you getting there?" claire asks skeptically

"well originally, Clay was gonna go and see George and then asked if i wanted to go before i knew tommy. then tommy and i just connected more, and then i was reminded of the trip and i told tommy one night. he was so excited. but claire you can't really tell anyone okay? we wanted to keep this a secret from the media until i'm there."

"i promise on all the secrets i've ever told you i will not tell anyone. i'm sad we can't hang out over break though," she pouts.

"oh come on, we hang out almost all the time!"

"no, we used to hang out almost all the time. you're too caught up in fame and success." claire looked up at you, and you noticed the sadness in her eyes.

"oh claire, i'm-i'm really sorry. i've been busy and it's just, hard sometimes. i'm trying." she nods silently in agreement as you walked up a set of stairs into the school. you two went your separate ways, and the day went on.

you couldn't help but think about what claire said though, have i really been too preoccupied with everything else to acknowledge my friends?

you looked around and you saw that you naturally sat down by yourself. you have been subconsciously distancing yourself from the rest of your friends. have you really been this oblivious?

you quickly got up to sit next to your friends, "hi guys," you say shyly

"glad someone decided to be our friend again," jake scoffed. he used to be your best friend along with claire. you guys were the perfect trio. but recently, you haven't been spending any time with either of them.

"i didn't know we weren't," you hung your head.

"well, you've kinda been ignoring us," jake says.