Part 19

Jughead pov

The serpents were already waiting for me when I arrived at the Wyhte Wyrm completely out of breath. Jellybean was sitting at the bar, surrounded by Sweet Pea and Toni while she absent-mindedly stroked her baby bump, she didn't look good. I walked towards her with quick steps and was shocked to discover that my sister was crying.

"JB what is going on? Is something wrong with the baby? Come on talk to me, please." I begged her after she couldn't look me in the eyes or even said anything. I looked at Sweet Pea to get any information out of him but I could tell he didn't know anything either so I told the serpents to leave us alone hoping she would talk to me.

"Would you like to talk to me, now that everyone is gone? What happened?" I asked worried and became more and more restless from second to second. Maybe I should call Betty and ask her to come here so she could examine her, but I wasn't sure if she would even talk to me after I left without any explanation. As my thoughts turned to Betty, I noticed in the corner of my eye that my sister slowly calmed down, stopped crying and turned to me.

"I saw our mother." she said, expressionless and with swollen eyes that still had some tears waiting to be let go. My world immediately began to spin at a rapid pace, giving me a feeling of nausea mixed with hate. I barely knew our mother as she left shortly after the birth of Jellybean and before that she wasn't the loving person a child needed or deserved. She always thought only of herself, neglected me and my father, later her daughter who was not even 3 months old when her mother decided to leave her family forever. I was sad and disappointed but most of all angry at a person who did not care about seeing her children grow up. So how did it happen that my sister supposedly saw her here in Riverdale?

"I'm sorry but I think I just heard wrong, did you seriously say that you saw our mother? And how do you know it was really her?" I blurt it out in a tone of disbelief that made her thought that I didn't believe her.

"Jughead you have to believe me, it was her. It was Gladys Jones." she answered me as she looked into my eyes and tried to fathom the mood I was in. I knew that a small part of Jellybean had always hoped to meet her mother and reunite the family, but when our father died and we were left on our own, her hopes disappeared and were buried deep inside her, until now.

"Jughead she says she is sorry and that she wants the family back. I think she has changed since you last saw her." she told me after I still hadn't said anything. Jellybean's eyes lit up with hope when she told me about their meeting.

"You talked to her? Whatever she told you, she's lying. She never cared about family before and she's certainly not sorry. She doesn't give a shit about us." Anger rises in me that I had suppressed for years and thought I would never feel it again but it was as if she had left us only yesterday. She will never again be something like a mother to me.

"Jughead please. Listen to what she has to say. She even congratulated me on my pregnancy and I told her about Betty. She really wants to-"

"YOU HAVE TOLD HER ABOUT BETTY?" I yelled at her because she had told a stranger about the girl I love. For me, our mother was an evil person who could never be trusted, let alone know about people I cared about.

"Why are you yelling at me? What's the big deal? I was just talking about a friend, not that you fuck her whenever it comes to your mind and then just ignore her." she said, gritting her teeth, looking at me angrily and crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"I don't fuck her whenever it comes to my mind, I care about her and besides, this is not up for debate. You can't just tell a stranger all about yourself, you're putting Betty and everyone else in danger. Don't you get it?"