Part 2

Betty pov

I ran down a dark long corridor, it smelled like old rotten wood and burnt metal. My fear increased from second to second and left me feel helpless. He was only a few meters behind me and I could already feel his breath on my neck, so I tried to run faster but without success, because he caught up with me and put his knife to my neck. His breath smelled like cigarette mixed with mint which I found inappropriately attractive at that moment.

"Don't run away princess, we can have so much fun together." he whispered threateningly and pressed the knife deeper to my neck until I noticed how warm liquid ran down my body.

Frightened and sweaty I woke up in my dark room. My heart was racing as I tried to control my breathing, it was just a dream Betty. Yet it was so realistic, but what worried me most was the thought that I was dreaming of HIM. Yesterday in the bar where Veronica and Cheryl had forced me to go, I saw him for the first time, the leader of the Southside Serpents. I was told many stories when I came here half a year ago about how dangerous and forbidden the other side of the town was, but nobody told me a word about the leader of this gang until yesterday when Cheryl and Veronica came out and talked. They have been living in Riverdale for a while now, 2 years to be exact, because they have built up a small business here. They own a diner called Pop's and a small fashion boutique located in the town's shopping mall.

They were both totally perplexed when they noticed that we had met the king in person yesterday, fear was not in their faces but a good bit of respect after their cursing was over. The two men who had thrown us out so rudely at his command last night looked at us in amazement and shared with us that we had personally messed with the king. At that time, I didn't know how dangerous he really was, nor did I know his name, until Cheryl told me that his name was Jughead Jones. The name was unusual and yet extraordinary, which made it even more interesting for me. I couldn't stop my thoughts on how unbelievably attractive I found him, which rarely happened to me with men, yet I knew what a fearsome person he was. It wasn't until we got home that we realized what a danger we were walking into.

After I got out of my bed and enjoyed a cold shower to calm down, I sat down at the table in our apartment that I shared with Veronica and Cheryl. A year ago I graduated in medicine and from then on I have been in several hospitals, but they were always just looking for someone to help out, so I had to change jobs all the time until Riverdale Hospital contacted me to offer me a permanent position which I accepted with joy, knowing that my best friends lived here. The job is hard you can't deny it and there's not much time for personal activities but I love it. My colleagues here are also pretty cool and immediately accepted me into the team. At first it was a little bit strange because they all knew each other since their school days but they instantly intrigued me into their family.

When I finished my coffee, Veronica and Cheryl, who still looked very sleepy, strolled into the kitchen to have an encouraging coffee as well.

"Wow, you two look like you've been partying for three days. How are you going to go to work like that?" I asked amusedly while watching their moods rise after they had taken the first few sips. "Sabrina is in the boutique and Donna is running the diner until we get there, so we don't need to worry. That's the advantage of being your own boss." Veronica answered confidently and looked at her watch. "Wow, we've been sleeping for a really long time. It's already 1pm. What time does your shift start?" she asked me and cut an apple.

"Five o'clock, night shift. I hope something exciting will happen today and not only cuts that someone got while working in the garden." I laughed and got strange looks from both of them.

"You're really weird, but that's nothing new. Anyway, did you notice how sexy those guys were last night?"
"Don't forget the girls. Holy shit, the short one at the bar was hot." Cheryl added. Those two were unbelievable but I gotta admit, a certain Mr. was pretty good-looking.