Introduction

The Famous Escape:

Alcatraz, for those who don’t know, was a prison. It took up a small island in the middle of the San Francisco Bay. Its about 1,675 feet (511 m) by 590 feet (180m), not even a mile in length. The remote location of the prison surrounded by deadly waters was said to be impossible to escape and only incarcerated the most cynical and disturbed of criminals. There were many attempts of escape made by the prisoners, all which were punished by death. But three intelligent criminals attempted to escape Alcatraz Island on June 11, 1962 and (supposedly) succeeded. The myth is, they burrowed out of their cells, climbed a ventilation shaft to the roof then climbed down and left the island with a home made raft. They accomplished this over the course of about six to twelve months. Despite the extensive search for the men, they were never heard from nor seen again. To this date their fates remain unknown. Many say they died from the freezing cold water or were swept away in the current; meaning they were stranded in the ocean. Others say they made it to land and lived out the rest of their lives in disguise. But these are just legends, for we will never know the truth of what happened to these men.

Unless....

What if they had another accomplice? An 'inside man' perhaps. Someone who wasnt in prison and knew about their plan and helped them escape. What if they know what happened to these men? Perhaps then, we could all know the truth....

*This story is based on and has actual historical events that happened on Alcatraz Island, I have added this 'inside man' and changed the names of the inmates to turn it into a fanfiction. The real names of the inmates are Frank Morris, Clarance Anglin, and John Anglin. But other than that most of the details about the prisoners and their actions in Alcatraz are factual. I did my research on the prison and this is how the prisoners would spend their days. This will also show how the FBI actually thought the inmates were able to escape. There are pieces of evidence they found that made them conclude this story. The only difference is that I think they made it out alive while the officials say they died out at sea.*