Chapter 18: Rather Quickly

~Hazel's POV~

The next week went by rather quickly.

I did my work and met with the boys. They kept me updated on how things were going with their boat and we talked about other ideas while we had our sessions. Harry mentioned he didnt have an idea of where the guards were on the island and he didnt know where would be a good place to leave from. I understood what he meant and every night I would use the excuse that I couldnt go to sleep to take a quick walk around the entire island and see where there were less guards and where they could leave from. It came down to the northern part of the island, the shore was less rocky and its opposite the light house, They also mentioned they didnt know what route to take or how to get to the Mainland so I went over and beyond and got a tourist pamphlet on the Mainland that showed a map of the whole San Francisco Bay so that I could give it to Harry {picture of the map to the right, treasure island is Alcatraz}. It had everything they needed really, and after looking at which way the currents went, they would have a better chance going onto the northern end of the Golden Gate Bridge where they could get off and make a run for it.

Something that had been bothering me though was the currents, they seemed alright by day, but in my walks at night the waves crash up against the edges so hard and sometimes I felt light sprays from the waves. During the night the water roared and pushed its self out past the Golden Gate and towards the ocean, and it worried me that it could take the boys and their raft out into the ocean too, and that would be the end of them. I was also worried for their raft, it could sink as soon as they set it out on the water. During one of our sessions I expressed my concerns to Harry.

"We'll worry about that as we get closer, I just wanted to know which way around would be best." He said, taking the map.

"The problem is still going to be there, avoiding if for now isnt going to make it any better in the future."

Harry frowned, "Thats not our biggest problem right now, its the boat and the paddles."

I rolled my eyes at how stubborn he was being. "I guess you're right, but even that is a bigger problem, I would get some but you couldnt exactly take it back to your cell."

"Im starting to think its impossible." He muttered. "I cant even hide it in my cell really, it would have to go straight to the service corridor."

 "I could try sneaking it in there." I suggested.

He shook his head, "You'll get caught, I dont want your father to send you off again."

I rolled my eyes, "My father hasnt cared whats gone on. Sure, hes dropped by every once in a while but he hasnt shown any concern or asked any questions."

He shook his head again, "Still, he wouldnt let something like that slide, and if he doesnt catch you, one of the guards will."

I brushed his argument off, "I can give the guards some dumb excuse and ask them not to tell my father, and they'll listen to me, Im like a favorite niece to all of them."

Again, he shook his head, although this time with a smile on his face, "You're not doing that." He laughed.

"Watch me." I dared.

"Hazel, dont, you're going to get caught." He said, trying to be serious again.

"Fine." I said simply, before he could answer back though, I changed the subject, "I got you another flashlight as well." I handed it to him. He gave me a look but thanked me and slipped it in the waist band of his boxers. I took the map back from him and explained things to him.

I pointed to the northern tip of Alcatraz, you'll leave from here, and after seeing the currents, you obviously cant go against them on your raincoats, so I think you should take advantage of them, they push outward to the ocean." I said, moving my finger along out to the Pacific Ocean. "But I think you guys could make it to the edge of the Mainland right before you get swept into the ocean." I pointed to the spot again on the northern side of the bridge. "You guys would pass Angel Island on your way there, but you cant stop there or get stuck there or anything."