Chapter 25: Success

~Harry's POV~

 Success has always been in my nature.

Its just the way its always been, if I want something bad enough and I do what it takes, things always end up how I want them. So, I wasn't very surprised when Louis had actually come three days later. Given, I was growing tired and cranky not to mention weak and impatient, but I tried to be optimistic. I rode into town when I had to for food and water but tried to limit the time I spent away form the spot. I wasnt right beside the sign, more off of the road a couple yards into the woods where no one could see me nor the motorcycle, but I could see out if Louis came.

I was dozing off, trying to block out the constant noise of the traffic when he came. His car had pulled out onto the side and I could hear the motor running, but my eyes were shut and I screwed them tighter, wanting the noise to go away.

"Harry! Harry?" Was the next thing I heard and my eyes brightened in surprise. It was Louis' unmistakable high-pitched voice. I scrambled up and saw his car by the road.

"Lou!" I called back, searching around for him. I ran out and he was pacing around behind the sign.

"Harry!" He called back, running to the sound of my voice as I ran to him. He found me quickly and we embraced each other in a tight hug. I hadnt seen my best friend in the last four years and I missed him dearly.

Louis sighed deeply, still not letting go, "You tricky bastard." He chuckled lowly, "You look like shit." I pulled back and laughed.

"I fell like it too, to be honest."

"Dont forget the smell."

"Lou." I whined.

Suddenly he got more serious, "Jesus whats all happened to you? You're scary skinny Harry, more than I've ever seen you before and you're pale. When did you last eat? Or shower? Whose clothes are these? Whats with- a motorcycle? Dammit Haz, what have you done?"

I sighed, "Its a long story, but worth the wait I promise, can you take me to Hazel?" I asked hopefully, making my way to his car and leaving the motorcycle. "Is she alright? I thought something was wrong when you werent here."

"Lets get you cleaned up and back to my place, I'll take you to her tomorrow, alright? Dont want to show up looking like that." He chuckled, unlocking the car and getting in.

I sighed, wanting to see Hazel now, but I supposed he was right, she'd want to know what happened too and I needed a good night's rest on a soft bed before I was ready for that. Louis took me back to his house, insisting it was his bachelor pad, and took care of me. He had me shower first and gave me a new set of clothes. Looking at myself naked in the mirror, I saw what he meant. I had been on the road before with not enough to eat, but I did look terriblly fragile. There were bags under my eyes and my hair was a tangled mess thanks to the helmet. Ignoring my own concerns, I stepped into the nice hot shower and cleaned myself up. My black eye was still kind of there, you couldnt really see it before because of the other grime on my face, but now that I was cleaned up it was more prominent. Despite my thinner frame, Louis' clothes were still a bit small on me because I was still taller, but I didnt complain and went down stairs where he had started dinner.

I scarfed down what I could, not caring how I looked because it was just Louis there. He heated a bunch of left over take-out form nights before that he had sitting in the fridge, but I didnt mind at all. I had some Chinese food with lasagna and some pizza slices. He told me what had happened and how everyone thought I was dead, but at the same time they all thought I was alive. He talked about Pennsylvania and about Liam and Zayn, which didnt really surprise me. He tried explaining Hazel's delay, I guess things had gotten heated at home, Louis didnt really know much, but I knew she would tell me when I got back. I was still eating my food when Louis suddenly paused and looked at me thoughtfully.