Chapter 4- The First Mission.

~Kiki's POV~

               It feels like I’ve been down here for years but the devil said it’s only been three months…I have not slept but continued to train. It’s like I have unlimited energy and I haven’t been tired for a long time. I’ve learned that as a demon, you no longer need sleep or food, just constant training and frustration.

“Yes I like how much your chakra levels have increased but when I’m done with you, you will have so much more!” He said as he licked his lips in satisfaction.

This guy is such a creep! How much longer am I going to be at this? T.T

Suddenly I screwed up on my chakra control and he summoned a hot spiky whip and slashed me. Blood oozed how and through my worn out Anbu uniform as I winched in pain. Then after a moment, he snapped his fingers and all the pain, the blood, and the wound were gone as if it never happened. What is real anymore?

Within a few more painful yet progressing months, the devil decided that I was ready for my first mission.

“Alright my dear, now you will complete your first mission for me above the surface. We’ve been over your teleportation jutsu and the rest mostly comes with experience and your own imagination. I think your strong enough to handle yourself on you own.” He said.

“How am I supposed to do anything if you’ve locked my chakra?” I asked.

“Down here you may not use it unless I release it during training but up there, you are free to use it as you please!” He said with a smile.

The devil went about the details of my mission and how I must behave and complete my missions if I want to gain more power and trust. Then I realized something, I’ve forgotten what it was like on the surface. What happened to me? From all the illusions the devil has put me through, how will I know if years have passed on the surface instead of months? What will I do if it was a dirty deal he made with my mother and he’s been lying to be about how much time has passed by?

His fingers snapped once again and a weapon suddenly appeared in front of him.

“This will be your new best friend. This is your death scythe that will capture sould for you with one stab just like the one that appeared to slowly take your soul. Only your target shall be able to see you so there is no need to sneak around quite yet.” He said seriously as he handed the blade to me.

My new scythe looked pure evil. The main staff was a darkish red with black ribbon wrapped around the top and a silver ribbon wrapped around the bottom. The end piece was a spear tip and the main blade was about one arm length long with detailed craftsmanship. This blade was well made and possibly the most dangerous weapon in the ninja world.

“Oh and one more thing before you go…” He chuckled as he gently grasped my hand and placed one of his hands over my wrist.

A painful flesh melting burn attacked my wrist and I felt something carve itself into my skin on the upright part of my hand. He released my arm and the pain slowly eased away to leave behind a scar.

The Devil carved “Grim Reaper” onto the top of my hand!

“Ah come on! I already have the ring! What the hell is this for?” I said in confusion as I poked it.

“It’s so I can summon you whenever I want when you are up doing business on the surface! You are the Grim Reaper so from now on when you frolic through hell, other demons will respect you.” He said with a stupid closed eye smile like a child.

“Jeez devil…I’m running out of skin for things to be put on!” I said as I crossed my arms.

“Off you go now! I’m hungry for some yummy souls so go feed me!” He said before he snapped his fingers and the next thing I knew, I was outside in the woods.