Chapter 11- Just Kill your Emotions

It feels a little different having Naruto on my back like this…it is sort of like I was carrying him again as a toddler. This boy was not a toddler any more though…no this boy is turning into a fine shinobi.

“Kiki! Is he okay?” I heard Sakura shout as we came into view.

“Yeah he’ll be okay. He’s just tired.” I said as I jumped onto their branch and laid Naruto down.

“You came back…” Sasuke said quietly.

“Yeah…I guess I just can’t resist your cute faces…” I said with a sad smile.

“Kiki?” Sakura asked with a bit of concern.

“You must have come from the village before you came to this battle…you know what’s happened….” Pakkun suddenly said.

“Did something bad happen?” Sakura asked in a worried tone.

“I-I’m afraid that in order to take down Orochimaru…I had to take the third Hokage’s soul. He performed a forbidden jutsu to call upon me….I had to do what I did…there was no other choice for him.” I said quietly as I gently stroked Naruto’s head.

“You-you mean that you killed him?” Sasuke said.

“Yes. The third Hokage is gone now...he’s in a better place.” I said as I looked over at Pakkun to look for signs of disappointment.

“You betrayed our village. You betrayed your own home! How could you?!” Sakura asked with anger.

“I told you didn’t I? Treat me as a rouge ninja because you never know whose soul I will take next.” I said before beginning to heal Naruto.

It didn’t take me long before he was okay and just needed rest. However, Sakura nor Sasuke wanted to be near me anymore…I could see it in their eyes. Sasuke sat up grabbed Naruto and they said nothing as they made their way back to the village.

“Pakkun, I’ll stay here for a bit longer…if Kakashi wishes to speak with me, he best come do it now.” I said with no emotion to my voice.

The small dog looked at me sympathetically before turning to catch up with the others. I just sat there on the tree branch and watch the late afternoon approach.  I should have known this was to be the outcome.

~Kakashi’s POV~

“There was no way to get to him…he fought more fiercely than any of us here today.” I heard an Anbu speak as we all crowded around and saw our leader lifeless on the rooftop.

“Sir a report from the East Gate…” A jonin appeared in front of the Anbu Captain.

“It seems that the sand surrendered and fled the gates. The sound are mostly dead if not gone as well.” He said as he looked down at the Hokage.

“Good. It seems that our Hokage’s death wasn’t for nothing. He took down Orochimaru with him and struck fear into the others.” Genma said from next to me.

“This is a tragic time…never thought this would happen…” Guy said on the other side of me.

Hokage Sama…This indeed was not expected. Then again I need to make sure my team is okay…but I can’t help but wonder…this many deaths in one area could also mean that Kiki would have something to do with this…

I looked back behind me to see that Pakkun has returned and he sat on the other rooftop to wait for me.

“It seems our priority now is to get the village back to settlement. Someone must inform the elders of this. My team is still out there so I must check on them…please excuse me.” I said before turning and leaving the roof top to meet Pakkun.