Background/Introduction

The rain poured on the umbrellas like a symphony playing in the background; tears running down the faces of people. I was at a funeral to be specific my best friends parents funeral. Bruce Wayne is my best friend his parents who were very close to mine growing up where killed, some eyewitnesses say a homeless man threatened the couple for money, jewelry and the couple opposed trying to defend themselves he shot them. Yet there where so many rumors at school that went by, and even more considering Bruce didn't go to school. It didn't help everyone knew my relationship with the Wayne's, they all bugged me, practically begged me for an answer but I didn't have one and even if I did my mouth would clamp shut.

Bruce hadn't talked to me for a week already. It didn't seem long ago we where two children helping each other with homework and playing around but sense these recent events things have changed.

He's returned to school! Well only a day...When I would see him around I'd said hello to him but he wouldn't respond. I didn't mind but it rose concern to me. My parents told me to expect it we had to all understand Bruce wasn't going through anything easy. I can't imagine not growing up without my parents by my side.

As the funeral went by I pulled myself together as well as I could, looking up to my parents who were holding hands yet in tears they seemed to take a moment to breathe, I looked over to Bruce he was still staring no emotion was shown so I took a daring step and walked to him.

"Bruce," I softly said besides him, he slowly looked up at me out of nowhere a tear slipped my eyes and before I knew it we both held each other in a tight embrace a hug I thought would never end.

"It's okay," I said he didn't respond he only kept himself attached his shaky breath becoming all I could hear.

3 weeks later

Bruce no longer came to school he was absent. I didn't want to rush anything like a visit or call and my parents suggested I give Bruce some space and even though I knew they where right I didn't know how long, or how much time I'd have to give. I only hoped it was soon because my time was limited. I knew my parents were already planning on moving to a small city.

Far, far away from Gotham City.

1 month later

It's been one month since I've spoken to Bruce he's never reached out nor have I. I think it's now been too long but anyway I look at the situation it hadn't changed the fact the day had come we were leaving Gotham. Today. Right after school.

I stay at school that day... instead id come to a agreement with myself after debating for 4 hours during my bedtime that id instead take that time to say my goodbyes to Alfred and Bruce.

I ran to the Wayne mansion, and at the gate, I was in luck, Alfred was outside! So I shouted.

"Alfred!," The man looked over and smiled.

"Mrs. Clair what a rosy of sunshine to see," he walked over opening the gate.

"Thank you, it's nice to see you to Alfred it's been some time" I looked down "Can I speak to Bruce,"

"Of course he's inside in his room,"

"Thank you, I just... today were leaving Gotham" he sadly smiled

"Then there's no time to waste Master Wayne and I will miss you very much," I smiled sadly at his words before I ran to the large doors of the mansion.

Pushing them open slowly, poking through and slowly walking in. The mansion was unusually dark, clean like always but it was different, before there used to be light of joy, welcome and warmth the Waynes always held and Bruce running down the stairs was also something I was missing as I stood for a moment observing. As I walked towards the stairs I laid my backpack down breaking into a ran up the stairs on the last few my legs got wobbly and so I went slower to the point where I eventually reached the door I took a deep breath and knocked.

"Alfred I don't want to talk right now," the familiar voice of Bruce said

"It's me, not Alfred" he didn't need to hear my name, he knew my voice like the back of his hands.

When the door opened he held it open so I could walk in.

"Bruce I need to tell you something it's important," I said he looked at me focusing his attention on me. "I'm moving away I don't know where dad said he got a good job but it's far he says it's better if we just move," I waited for him to answer but he didn't so for a moment I only stood there and when I was about to leave.

"Will you ever come back?," he shot a question.

I turned around to see him facing me like he was taking in every feature of mine. I stared at his eyes, it was going to be really hard to look away from those eyes.

"I don't know" I responded, for a moment I thought nothing would happen and he and I collided into a hug. It was a goodbye hug I could feel it.

"Please come back," he said

"If we come back promise you'll remember me," I said

"I always will," he said before letting me go he didn't walk me down he stayed in his room I said one last goodbye to Alfred and looked up and he mansion I could see Bruce from his window I smiled holding onto my backpack tightly before running home.

But of course I'm the depths of my soul I felt a sense of return...like we'd see each other again.