Chapter 4

3 weeks after the incident

After the event, you'd think me and Bruce would be like the kids we once were but that couldn't happen Bruce had to train for what I don't know it's something Alfred, not even he would tell me and I had homework that rained on me daily so both of us had our great deal of work on ourselves to keep us occupied. I yawned as I finished organizing my assignments it was getting late but I couldn't sleep I guess the excitement of being able to stay being alert for danger made it kind of hard to sleep Aunt Lucy had fallen asleep already she had a hard day. I got up from where I sat and decided to walk up on the roof of the apartments. Once I had made it I looked out at Gotham there were spots where I felt Gotham seemed at it's finest but others that showed it's dark and dangerous side. I pulled the cardigan sweater I had on me closer because of the breeze Gotham always had at high altitudes then I heard steps I was frightened so I took the pepper spray in the left pocket of my sweater when I felt the steps closer I turned around immediately spraying it to my front left-right all over the place.

"Since when do you start using mouth spray" I stopped and ended up seeing Bruce who was covering his eyes I looked at the can in front it was labeled as getting THE MOUTH SPRAY OF YOUR LIFE I put it back into my pocket

"It's you gosh you scared me, Bruce Wayne," I said as I hugged him he hugged me back. We backed away and I guess he noticed my very revealing Pajamas I forgot I was wearing I quickly wrapped them around me leaving my hands to keep it as it was "sorry" he smiled.

"You know we used to shower together," he said

I laughed at the memory "We where just 3 I can't believe you still remember"

"Trust me I remember a lot of things from our childhood" we were both quiet and for a comment we just smiled at each other finally finding it awkward we both looked at the City. "So why did you want to meet"

I furrowed my brows "what do you mean,"

"The note you sent," he said

"I didn't send you a note" I respond

"But Alfred said you left one in the mailbox," he said

"That's odd I didn't I've been doing so many assignments I haven't had time to write any letters" I explain. He sighed and I knew he was thinking things through. " Bruce you don't need to worry about me I'm fine" he smiled a bit and my head leaned on his shoulder I didn't notice how I was falling asleep but Bruce did.

"Tired," he asked I shook my head and I looked up at him in my head still on his shoulder he looked down grinning our faces were so close but I knew I should ignore so I looked back out. "I think it's past your bedtime" I smirked lifting my head from his shoulder

"Yes, Master Wayne" I responded we both laugh Bruce ended up walking me to my apartment we walked down the side stairs of the apartments I left the window a little open I opened it carefully going in but before I closed it I turned to Bruce. "I forgot to ask how did you get up there"

"Part of my training with Alfred," he said I raised my eyebrow

"Are you sure you don't want me to go all the way down with you?" I asked he sighed

"You need your sleep besides I'm a big boy," he says I smiled

"Night Wayne," I say to him

"Night Clair," he said to me slowly I closed my window down slowly Bruce kept walking down I watched him walk down he looked up to my window I smiled and he smiled back I locked my window closing the curtains and it was my biggest mistake I hadn't noticed the group of men that walked not far from him.