Chapter 7

Jane Clair

"You like it don't you," Aunt Lucy said as she opened the door to the apartment I grinned holding the album in my hand.

"I love it," I said we both walked in and Aunt Lucy asked me to sit down and I did she brought out a cake and I smiled. "Aunt Lucy you didn't have to"

"And why not you're here and it's your birthday you had to expect this," she said, and right before I could say anything she sang happy birthday.  "And Many MORE" she sang in an opera voice "Now make a wish and blow out the candles" I closed my eyes and took a moment to think. When I had it in my head I opened my eyes to blow the candles out Aunt Lucy clapped and I put the cake serving her a piece.

She smirked "So what you wish for,"

"I can't say" I respond she continues to smirk.

"You don't need to tell me the obvious" she smirked one last time before eating a piece of cake. "One more thing school is suspended for the next 2 weeks at least there's a virus going around in Gotham so school is canceled but if we get the chance we should be able to have school Online but it's still not sure so we are just going to" I sigh well at least now I can feel sure about not having essays but that didn't mean studying was no such thing.

45 minutes Later

As I finish the last homework assignments on my list my phone rings the number was unknown I debated on answering it but in the end, I answer.

"Hello," I say

"This is Mrs. Clair's number isn't it" I recognized the voice.

"Alfred yes it's me you know I'm not going to ask how you got my number but what's wrong did you find Bruce," I asked

"Found him, yes but we lost him we believe he's under the control of a Shaman I only called to ask if Bruce is with you," Alfred asked

"No he's not here Alfred please let me go out and help," I said

"No who knows what Bruce is thinking he tried to kill me I'm afraid he may do something similar to you goodbye, Mrs. Clair," he said hanging up before I could ask any more. I put my phone down putting my palm on my face thinking how this could be happening.

Alfred

Time had gone by we found him and since the incident where he tried to get sat he was arrested and sent to the police station I went into his cell.

"There you go Master Wayne two lumps just like how you like it..you hungry mate can I whip you up a sandwich anyway if it goes well we should be able to head back to the Wayne Manor tomorrow" he didn't say one word "Although I was wondering we could go about we could go to Switzerland I mean we used to go with your mum and dad at this time of year"

"Stop it" Bruce finally spoke "Your attempts to elicit an emotional response by reminding me of shared memories is clumsy and pathetic"

"Oh" I let out

"The last memory I have of you is of you killing my best friend and teacher," he says and I sigh

"You mean the geezer that kidnapped you poisoning your mind and even tried turning you into a mass murdered let me tell you something Master Bruce he kind to you him and his bloody court of Owls they tried to use you to manipulate you"

"You say he's a liar. How. For taking away the pain I've carried for years getting revenge on the people who killed my parents" he said and I only looked at him "that's more than you ever did anyway the court of owls doesn't matter they are merely paving the way for the one to come"