Chapter Two

As Anna and I continue our tour, we explore the various classrooms, passing by students hurrying to their classes as the bell rings. The hallway grows quieter, allowing us to engage in conversation.

"So, do you know what powers you have?" Anna asks curiously.

"My parents told me I have one of the four elements," I reply, a mix of excitement and uncertainty in my voice.

"One of the elements? Woah! No way!" Anna exclaims, clearly astonished. "We haven't had students who could control the elements since the school was founded in 1940."

"Really? What happened to those students?" I inquire, curious about their fate.

"No one really knows for sure. Some stories say hunters found and attempted to fight them, resulting in their death. Others claim that they passed away from old age," Anna explains.

"Hunters? Why do they specifically target the students with elemental powers?" I wonder aloud.

Anna shrugs her shoulders. "I don't think anyone knows. For some reason, the hunters seem to have a specific interest in those with elemental abilities."

We continue walking down the long hallway, and Anna shows me the classrooms. Eventually, we arrive at a trophy case filled with an assortment of trophies and medals showcasing the achievements of past and current students.

Moving past the trophy case, we turn a corner and enter the expansive two-story cafeteria. Its elegance and opulence immediately take me aback. The school's emblem, the same plaque I saw earlier, is prominently displayed in large letters in the center of the floor, creating a striking focal point.

Behind us, three black French doors lead to an outdoor area with tables, chairs, and breathtaking scenery surrounding the school. We then continue down the hallway and enter the massive two-story gymnasium, where a running track encircles the gym on the second floor.

Moving on, we turn another corner and come across the enormous swimming pool with diving boards, lifeguard stands, and bleachers. The scale of the facilities is impressive, and I can't help but feel a sense of awe.

Finally, we arrive at the massive two-story library, filled with countless books and tables. As Anna and I navigate the school, I'm both excited and overwhelmed by the grandeur and possibilities that await me at Ravenwood Academy.

As Anna and I conclude the tour of the upper floor, visiting more classrooms, the second-story cafeteria, the gym, the library, and the nurse's office, we eventually return to the primary office. We wait for a few minutes before Principal Lewis guides us back to his office, where I sit in front of his desk again.

"So, Terra, how do you like it here so far?" Principal Lewis inquires.

"It's really nice," I shyly respond.

Principal Lewis nods in agreement. "Good to hear. First period is almost over, so you can stay here until the bell rings for your second period."

"Okay," I reply.

"Anna, you may return to class," Principal Lewis instructs.

Anna nods and waves goodbye to me with a warm smile. A grin forms on my face, and I wave back. The following ten minutes pass in awkward silence until the bell finally rings, signaling I can leave the office.

I navigate the hallway, looking down at my schedule while trying to locate my second-period class. I notice more students staring at me with disdain. Eventually, I find the right room and knock on the door before entering. The class falls silent and stares at me as I nervously glance at the teacher, who is writing on the board.