Chapter Five

Alex wraps his arms around my waist as he tightens his grip, and we head directly for the school. Once we arrive, I correct my messy hair, which is currently a knotted mess, and Alex laughs.

  "That was pretty awesome, even though I was freaking out on the inside the whole time."

Alex chuckles. "Yeah, I know what that's like. Growing up, I was terrified of learning to fly."

"How did you get used to heights?" I ask.

"The first time I flew, I went high up and was terrified, but the longer I was in the sky, I got used to it."

"Can your parents fly?"

He shakes his head. "No, my mom can teleport, and my dad has super strength."

"That's pretty cool," I say as we approach the school.

We wander the hallways and spot Anna at the end of the corridor as I call her name, and she quickly spins around.

"Hey guys, what's up?" She asks as we walk closer to her.

"Anna, we need to talk to Mr. Lewis. There's been a breach in the energy field," I say, my voice filled with urgency.

Anna's eyes widen with concern. "A breach? That's not good. We have to inform Mr. Lewis immediately."

We quickly reach the principal's office and find him inside, engrossed in paperwork. Mr. Lewis looks up, noticing our serious expressions.

"What's the matter?" he asks, sensing the urgency in our presence.

"There's been a breach in the energy field," Alex explains. "It could possibly allow hunters to pass through."

Mr. Lewis's face tenses up, realizing the gravity of the situation. "I will take immediate action to reinforce the barrier and ensure the safety of our students."

He reaches for the phone on his desk and dials a number, requesting assistance from the school's security team to address the breach.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention," Mr. Lewis says, his voice determined. "I will do everything in our power to protect the students."

As we leave his office, I can't help but feel a mixture of apprehension and determination. As we approach the commotion, we see a group of kids gathered around a corner of the hallway, their voices filled with panic and distress. Alex and I exchange concerned glances before hurrying to see what's happening.

As we reach the scene, we see a small crowd surrounding two students engaged in a heated argument. It seems like a disagreement has escalated, and tensions are running high. One of the students clenches their fists, and their powers manifest in sparks of electricity, while the other seems ready to retaliate with their own abilities.

"Hey, hey, calm down!" I shout, trying to catch their attention.

The students momentarily pause, startled by the interruption. They turn to look at us, their expressions a mix of anger and frustration.

"What's going on here?" Alex asks, his voice firm but calm.

The students begin explaining their side of the story, each asserting that they were provoked by the other. It becomes clear that miscommunication and misunderstandings have fueled this confrontation.

We take a moment to listen attentively, allowing each of them to express their grievances. Once they have shared their perspectives, we address the situation with resolution.

"I understand that you both have different viewpoints, but using your powers against each other won't solve anything," I say, my voice earnest. "Try to find a way to resolve this without killing each other."