Chapter 21 (part 3)

Marshall angrily unlocks the door to his apartment. I walk in before him and he slams it shut behind me. It's close to 12am and I can see the exhaustion under his eyes. Tonight is a mix of many things, all equally tiring and irritating. Marshall sits down on the couch in silence while I stand in the corner. He doesn't look at me, just stares at the floor with a blank expression on his face.

A frustration builds within me. Is this it? He's just gonna sit there? I'm mad he won't talk to me. He tries but it just ends up in him getting pissed and me being scared. It's the same cycle over and over again. After 5 minutes of this I speak up.

"So that's it then? You're just gonna sit there?" I ask, annoyed.

"I don't know what you want from me Rachel." He rubs his eyes with his hands then stares back at me with the same blank expression as before. I can hear the annoyance in his voice.

"I hope that couch is comfortable." I say, walking past him. "Because it's where you'll be sleeping tonight."

I hurry down the hall and hear him get up behind me. Once in his room I try to shut the door but his hand flies against the wood and easily pushes against it. Once again, his strength effortlessly overpowers mine.

"You don't mean that." He says, trying to take my hand which I jerk away.

"I'm serious Marshall. Go." I say with authority directing toward the living room.

"Baby." He tries to pull me in at the waist. He's talking in a very calm voice, nothing like the one he was using before. "C'mon I'm sorry."

"Marshall go." I say with more authority.

"Rach c'mon let's talk about this."

Pushing him away by the chest he takes two steps back out the door. "I'm not joking." I close the door on him.

"You really gonna make me do this?" He calls through the door. "Open up."

I don't say anything, just listen for anything he might say. The silence kills me.

"Let me make it up to you." He mumbles.

I sigh and open the door. Marshall towers over me in the doorway. We lock eyes for a moment and then he yanks me into a forceful kiss. I don't protest him at all. When he gets like this there is no use in trying to stop him. Marshall's hands cup around my butt and wrap my legs around his waist. My arms curl around his neck, tangling in his hair. My legs tighten, forcing us closer together. Marshall stumbles towards the bed, using his hands to guide us. He throws me down on the mattress and slithers over me.

His hands shove up my dress and pull it over my head. He claws at my underwear tearing all of that off as well. He stands, lip biting at the foot of the bed, eyes locked on me as he rips off his shirt. I watch as he undoes his belt, chucking it on the floor. The jeans follow in the same pattern leaving him in his boxers. I feel Marshalls palms wrap around my ankles, dragging me closer to him. Once the desired distance is reached he begins to pull them outwards.

He kisses the middle of my stomach heading down. Strong hands hold my knees in place. I don't realize my eyes are closed until I open them to look at Marshall. He's staring at me. I watch him place each of my legs over his arms and he holds my hips instead. I can feel his breath on me, he's waiting. I move my hands down and they slip into his hair again. He turns into my hand and kisses me lightly. Marshall kisses me again, there. He starts soft and slow.

Soon he's kissing harshly, twirling his tongue everywhere leaving no space untouched. His hands clamp tightly on my hips as he works and my back arches at his motions.