Chapter 25 (part 2)

~Rachel's P.O.V.~

We arrive at Rule's glorious house at around 7:30. I'm wearing a short fitted black dress, one I didn't realize how low cut it was until now. And it's paired with some dark red high heels that bring me to level with Marshall's temple. He's wearing dark jeans and a black t shirt complete with the leather jacket I love so much. He makes everything look great.

Rule pulls open the door and once again he's busy in the kitchen. Once inside, Maverick greets us both. He's followed by Ren who kisses Marshall on the cheek and gives me a very large hug. I glance around her and wonder where Tony is. Maybe outside? Pulling me out of my bubble Marshall's hand curls around mine and we move over to the couch. Just as we're sitting down, the rest of the usual crowd floods in behind us. Leto, Cash, Beck, etc.

Marshall hardly notices them walking in, keeping his eyes trained on Maverick who's droning about the traffic on the way up. I watch the door for a couple more moments. No Emmett either. Phew. Maybe he'll stay calm. I tighten my hold around Marshall's hand and he puts his arm around me, holding me close to his chest. I know he's wondering the same thing. Everyone in the room is still completely captivated by Maverick and his outrageous story telling.

Marshall leans over and kisses my hair, nuzzling his nose against my cheek. I turn into him, planting a soft kiss on his lips. We smile at each other with our foreheads touching. It isn't until then that I see that Maverick is silenced and they're all looking at us. Smiling.

"He's got it so bad." Cash erupts in laughter.

All the other guys and Ren follow. I glance at Marshall and see that he is blushing completely. His head drops into my shoulder and he kisses it lightly.

"Come on." He stands and pulls me up. "Dinner's ready."

***

Once dinner is finished, everyone gathers around the couches in the front room. Ren sits next to me with Rule beside her. Marshall has an arm wrapped protectively around me and I scan the room. Still no sign of Tony. I snuggle against Marshall as gifts are being handed out. Going around everyone is opening assorted gifts. Rule stands from his chair and hands a sizeable bag to Ren.

"What did you do?" She smiles, taking it from him.

"Open it." He beams at her.

No one in the room can deny the sparks between them. Good thing Tony isn't here to see this. Ren smiles back at Rule again before opening the gift bag. Reaching inside, she pulls out a men's gold sequined jacket. She holds it up to see it better and her lips curl up into a large smile.

"What is that?" Cash blurts.

"It looks just like the jacket the Elvis that married us in Vegas had." She cannot get the smile off her face.

"It is the jacket." Rule nods. "I remember you liked it so much and we didn't really keep anything from that day so I tracked it down."

"You went through all that for a jacket?" She asks, looking at him sweetly.

"Well yeah. You know, it's Christmas." Rule's face turns bright red and his eyes drop to the floor, hiding his smile.

"I love it." Ren gushes and hugs the jacket. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He mumbles, scratching the back of his head.

It's a dangerous game Rule's playing. If Tony was here I don't think he'd stand for any of this. While I'm lost in thought, Marshall puts his hand on my knee. I decide it's time to give him my gift. Everyone's attention is focused on another one of Maverick's tall tales. I reach into my bag and pull out my little mix tape and hand it to Marshall. I bite my lip in nervousness.