Chapter 21 (part 2)

We hold hands and walk back to the sliding door. Walking inside, everyone is sitting down at Rule's dining table. It's huge. Everyone fits including two seats at each head of the table. Marshall pulls out a chair for me at the head and takes the seat beside me. Cash claims the spot by my side and Emmett the one next to him. I glance at Marshall who is not doing a good job of keeping his glaring on the down low. Well that was a nice 2 seconds of non jealousy. Many conversations are being held at once. I can barely hear anything over the booming laughs and loud voices of the people here.

"So Rachel, you like sports?" Cash asks sarcastically over the racket.

"In fact I do." I laugh. "I'm quite the football fan."

"Favorite Team, player, coach, and why. Go." Cash leans on his elbows and awaits my answer.

"New England Patriots because they're the family team, Rob Gronkowski because he's big and sexy, and Bill Belichick because he keeps it all together." I say, taking a sip of my water to top it off.

Cash stares back in awe. Marshall's hand releases me and he leans on the table with an elbow.

"Big and sexy huh?" He asks jokingly.

"The biggest and the sexiest." I say, kissing his smirk. "Next to you."

Cash makes a fake throw up noise at our exchange of affection. At this moment, Emmett leans over Cash and joins the conversation.

"I love football." He says. "I'm a Cowboys fan though. Patriots are nothing."

I feel Marshall's body tense as soon as he speaks. I wish I could control myself but his comment makes me mad. I hate when people get touchy about football. I wish I say nothing but I just can't help it.

"Are you joking? Tony Romo is on steroids okay have you seen him?" I regret opening this discussion up as soon as I say it. I know Marshall's getting upset.

"Steroids? What about Mr. Big and Sexy Gronkowski?" He shoots right back.

Fuck. Fuck. Shut the fuck up. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. I beg myself for Marshalls sake. I look at him and he's giving Emmett that look. I know he wants to hurt him and he'd probably kill him if I let him but this is getting ridiculous.

"Big and Sexy Gronkowski trained for years whereas Romo was handed everything on a silver platter by Jason Garrett." I challenge, resting my hand on Marshall's upper thigh. This brings his awareness away from Emmett and back to me.

"Touché." Emmett says, leaning back into his chair. "You win again love."

Fuck he just had to call me love didn't he. Marshall leans forward, onto the table and stares Emmett down. Emmett isn't paying attention at all. He's engaged in something else with Leto and Maverick. Distract him. Calm him down. Do something. I think rapidly about ways to get Marshall's attention. Remembering how my hand got it, I slide my palm up to his crotch, resting over it. He looks down, seeing it and then giving me a confused look.

I begin making slow, light circles with my palm. Marshall stares at me as if to see if I'm actually going to do it. Intensifying my motions I can see he's getting uncomfortable. I'm distracting him.

"Stop." He whispers, trying to swat my hand away. "We're at the table."

"I know where we are." I say not stopping. In fact, speeding up a bit.

His legs twist trying to get me to stop but I keep going. I feel his bulge forming beneath my hand. The table is as lively as ever, with everyone on a different topic.

"Rachel stop. This is not the time." He warns again.

"No."

His jaw drops slightly, shocked I just said no to him. Before he has time to process what's going on I pop the button of his jeans and send the zipper down too. Underneath the table I play at the waistband of his boxers.