chapter ten: part one | "I've got an idea!"

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

SEPTEMBER TWENTY-FIFTH

(song for the chapter): my selfish heart -meghan trainor-

Luke moaned as he crumbled another piece of paper in his strong, angry hands. He threw it at the ground angrily. He then buried his head in his arms, extremely frustrated and annoyed.

"Calm down," Ashton reassured, standing up from the Hemmings' piano bench. "It's just a song."

Ashton was over at Luke's house after school the next day, helping him write a song for one of his classes. Since Ashton was basically the master of writing songs and Luke didn't even know where I start, he agreed to help Luke.

"This song is literally my entire grade!" Luke shouted, his voice echoing through the empty house. "I am not going to fail this class because I'm stressed out and can't think of some stupid lyrics. I mean- the song is only sixty seconds, not an hour! Why is this so difficult?"

"I'm gonna go get some orange juice," Ashton proclaimed, pointing to the fridge before walking over as Luke kept following him.

"I'm just so stressed out and the last thing on my mind is a song," Luke sighed as he watched Ashton open up the fridge.

"Is it that thing that happened with Birdy last night?" Ashton asked, digging through the fridge and pulling out the orange juice carton.

"Yeah," Luke said, leaning against the cabinets. "How did you know?"

"Everybody knows, Momma's boy," Ashton chuckled as he unscrewed the carton's cap.

"Stop calling me that," Luke whined, throwing his head back and rubbing his eyes.

Ashton smiled as he began opening cabinet doors, looking for a glass. "Is that why Birdy wasn't at school today?"

"Don't ask me," Luke said, opening the correct cabinet for Ashton. "It's not like I would care or know."

"You obviously do care," Ashton stated, pulling a cup down and placing it by the orange juice. "If you didn't, why would you be so stressed out about it?"

"Because it's literally all I can think about!"

Ashton peered over to him. "It's all you can think about because you care about her, Luke."

"I guess," Luke sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

Ashton chuckled. "You're the only guy I know that would turn down getting laid."

"You know what it's like to have your heart broken," Luke sighed, watching Ashton pour the orange juice into the cup. "Mine just happened to be while she was trying to have sex with me."

Ashton took a sip of the orange juice, placing his glass down and putting the carton back into the fridge. "I've got an idea!"

"Oh no," Luke shook his head as he began following Ashton back to the piano. "What kind of idea?"

"We're gonna write you this song a different way," Ashton chuckled, placing a pencil and a fresh page of paper in front of Luke. "You're gonna pull a Taylor Swift on everyone and let go of all your emotions. Put every single thought and feeling for Birdy is making you feel into this song."

"But Taylor Swift has a bad reputation about that," Luke whined, stomping his feet and throwing his head back in annoyance.

"Taylor fucking Swift is fucking queen. She's absolutely gorgeous and fit and talented. Gosh- like can she please just marry me?"

Luke just blinked at Ashton a few times after what just came out of his mouth. He sounded like a pubescent teenage girl and was shocked about it.

"What?" Ashton asked, grinning obliviously as to what was wrong. "Anyways, write your big ball of feelings for Birdy down," he commanded, handing Luke a new piece of paper and the pencil.

Luke looked up at Ashton, sighing as he took the pencil into hand. It took him a while to begin writing, but once he started, he couldn't stop. Yeah, Ashton had to help him here and there. But before he knew it, he completed his song.

Ashton then began putting together the instrumental. That took him literally two minutes, so the song was basically complete. It just had to get put together and make it one.

"Alright," Ashton said, pulling out the lyrics as Luke sat down next to him on the piano bench. "You ready?"

"Sure," Luke laughed, looking at the song sheets in front of him.

Ashton began to play the piano, smiling at Luke as he began to sing.

"My selfish heart was no good to you. At least not the way it intended to. Your love was young, but it wound my old soul. When I said goodbye I wasn't ready, no no. But I don't wanna waste your time. You deserve to find the love of your life. But let's keep in touch. Because I'm not what you need. But I'm gonna miss you so much. You're too focused on this weird dream. And your kiss is a drug that pulls me back so quick. Until I push us apart, forgive my selfish heart."

"This is an awesome song, man," Ashton smiled, handing Luke the pages. "You're gonna blow the teacher's mind!"

"Thanks," Luke smiled, feeling all of his nerves and stress go away now that the song was over.

But what Luke didn't notice that moment was when Ashton hit stopped recording the song and sent it to a particular contact on his phone.

ashton u filthy little slut whore

i actually wrote this in 22 minutes guys that's why it sucks ass !!!!!!!

46 votes and 88 comments for part twoooooo

hey and guys u should really check out my friend's book ! her username is pixietomlinson and she's literally probably my best friend in the whole wide world her name is emmary and she has this harry styles book called 'redemption' and it's literally amazing and should have tons of reads ok go read it ^

- bella aka your math teacher that is stalking u to make sure ur downing ur homework