chapter thirteen | "Don't drink the fish water."

[so here's the dealo - im gonna try and do something creative so leave me as many funny comments you possibly can - be a try hard aY - TELL ME STORIES, TELL ME FUNNY ADD-ONS, SEND ME LINKS IDGAF]

VENICE BEACH, CALIFORNIA

OCTOBER SEVENTENTH

(song for the chapter): anklebiters -paramore-

"Oh my god!" Luke shouted while laying down on the bench of the lunch table. "I'm so hot!" he proclaimed, fanning himself with his hand as trickles of sweat formed on his hairline.

Max chuckled. "Ain't that the truth."

"Are you gonna figure out Max's sexuality anytime soon?" Luke pursed into Calum's face while laughing a bit, making Calum do the same.

It was over two weeks since Calum maliciously took Birdy from Luke. But it seemed to be alright now. Birdy and Luke never seemed to have any tension in the first place. Calum and Luke took some time over the whole 'Go back to your old school!' thing, but thankfully it was all over and everything was cool. The fact that Birdy and Calum weren't even a thing settled Luke extremely well, too.

"What's the temp now?" Michael whined, taking off his jean jacket and running a hand through his hair.

"Well, according to my Pear Pad," Calum giggled, reaching towards his stuff as his two friends groaned in annoyance. "It is 103 degrees," Calum announced with bulging eyes, then groaning with his other friends.

"Hi!" the three boys heard a voice proclaim. They turned their heads to see Birdy standing their happily and swaying her hips. "I'm really hot, but I'm still happy!"

"Calum, are you done with your water?" Roxie ran up to the table, leaning in between Calum and Luke.

"No, I-"

"-Give it to me!" Roxie growled, ripping the plastic water bottle out of Calum's fragile hands, sitting in between Luke and Calum.

Luke stared at Roxie for a while, grazing her forehead and patting her arms narcotically.

"What do you want, gay boy?"

"You're not sweating!" Luke exclaimed, continuing to feel Roxie's neck for sweat and ignoring her little comment.

"Ahuh," Roxie nodded, taking another sip of Calum's water as Luke felt her elbows. "Are you having fun there?"

"How are you not sweating?" Luke shouted, pulling back and scooting away from her a bit.

Roxie nodded. "I don't sweat."

"Everyone sweats!" Luke proclaimed, raising an eyebrow.

"Roxie doesn't sweat," Michael chimed in, shaking his head.

"It's gross, so I don't do it," Roxie said, taking anther gulp from the water in hand.

"What are you then?" Luke examined, looking at Roxie with a surprised expression on his face. "Cold-blooded?"

"Roxie cold-blooded?" Max slurred, chuckling from Calum's arms. "What a surprise!"

Michael let out a discreet laugh, basically inviting Roxie to slap him in the face. Roxie then took Luke's sunscreen that was laying on the table in hands, opening it and squirting it in a projectile motion towards Max's face.

"That bitch got sunscreen in my eyes!" Max yelped as Calum began scooping the liquid out of his eyes.

"It's okay," Calum said, taking a random napkin from Luke's lunch and cleaning Max's plastic face. "There you go."