chapter nine | "You can be the mommy and Ashton can be the daddy."

[you all better bow down and vote bc beep beep daddy kink has arrived]

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

SEPTEMBER TWENTY-FOURTH

(song for the chapter): love me like you do -ellie goulding-

"Luke!" Grace hollered to her brother as she waddled up to he and his friends' lunch table, almost tripping in her bright, pink heels. "Guess what project Skiowitz just assigned me?" Grace whined, pushing apart Michael and Roxie and squeezing herself between them.

"What Grace?" Luke muttered, obviously annoyed as he handed back Ashton his filmography paper that he was copying off of.

"Skiowitz assigned me the baby project! The baby project!" Grace stressed, slamming her hands down on the table to empathize how upset she was about her current situation. "It's supposed to teach us to play a responsible, mature character! How stupid!"

"Please stop talking," Roxie stated with a sarcastic smile, scooting away from Grace as she rolled her brown eyes.

"What kind of doll is it?" Calum cheered, putting down the chicken nugget he was holding.

"Why does it matter?" Michael raised an eyebrow.

"He loves dolls," Max started with a chuckle. "One time, he dug up his moms ancient Barbies and brought them up to his room so-"

Birdy giggled. "To touch you?" she asked, watching Calum's cheeks turn a bright shade of scarlet.

Ashton rolled his eyes. "Not to be mean or anything, Grace," Ashton started, his mouth full of pizza. "But I don't think Luke seems to care."

"If I'm being honest, I don't give two shits," Luke said.

Grace swept a strand of her blonde hair away from her face. "How many shits would you give if I told you that I'd pay you to watch the doll?"

"How much?" Luke asked.

"I'll give you, Ashton, Michael and Calum a hundred dollars each for watching the doll for one night."

"How do you have so much money?" Luke asked, taking a bite out of his food.

Grace smirked. "Things."

"Why not me?" Birdy piped up, pouting a little as she took a bite of a potato chip. "I need money."

"Because you're annoying and Roxie is terrifying," Grace mumbled, reaching into Michael's plate and taking out the pickle that laid by his sandwich. She took a bite of the pickle and smirked. "So you guys in?"

The four boys exchanged looks and shrugged. "Sure."

"So what exactly do we do with it?" Ashton asked, plopping down on the Hemmings' bright, orange coach.

Grace waddled over to the kitchen table, picking up a can and a diaper. "Feed it this when it's hungry, change it's diaper when it takes a piss and rock it to make it go to sleep."

"How will we know when it's hungry or tired?" Michael asked, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't know," Grace mauled, putting the objects back down on the table. "Don't call me if you need anything," she said, walking towards the door.

"Wait," Luke called after her as she opened up the door again. "Where are you going?"

Grace smiled, looking around. "More things," she said before closing the door behind her.