chapter seventeen | "Why are you giving this to me?"

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

DECEMBER ELEVENTH

(song of the chapter): never be -5 seconds of summer-

Next Saturday came along and Luke was the only one that bothered to show up to the detention they were given. Luke wanted to be all badass and ditch it, but his mom stepped in and forced him to go.

Skiowitz was in charge of this detention, so of corse he didn't give a shit what Luke did since he was the only one there. He was too busy trying to open a coconut with scissors to even realize that Luke walked in.

So Luke just walked around the hallways, his hands in his pockets as he just took in every little detail of his school. The ornate lockers, the paint-splattered walls, the pictures of Hollywood Art legends from old times on the walls - Luke loved it all.

Finally, he could say proudly that he was used to Hollywood Arts. He had five amazing friends and a new bond with his sister in his life from this school and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

There was his sister, Grace who he never really understood until going to the same school as her. He never got what made her so obnoxious and out-of-the-box until he stepped foot into Hollywood Arts. She may be annoying and untalented - but at least he could stand her now.

Then there was his best friend, Ashton. From day one, Ashton Irwin was there for Luke even though he knew nothing about him. He was Luke's support as Luke was his and made his life at Hollywood Arts amazing. Wether it was the answers to the fashion design test or needing a comeback for Roxie, Ashton was there to lend a helping hand. He lifted Luke up when he was down and made him have so much confidence flowing throughout his life.

Roxie was another story. For the longest time, the girl put Luke down about everything and just wanted him gone. She was rude, nasty and a flat-out bitch. But three months later, Luke's ignorance didn't bother Roxie and Roxie's bitchiness didn't bother Luke. They finally found who the other was and even though they weren't the bestest of friends, they were friends in general.

One of the most interesting people at Hollywood Arts that Luke knew was Calum. He and his stupid puppet were high lights of his three months at Hollywood Arts. They are so bubbly and revolting. Sure, Calum and Luke got off on the wrong foot when he stole the girl of his dreams, but their stitches were stronger than their tears.

Michael and Luke weren't extremely close, but they were sill good friends. He was a good crutch when Roxie would make fun of him for being gay and stuff and a supporter when Luke felt like he wasn't good enough. He was a big ball of joy and even though Luke never understood why Michael was dating Roxie, he still respected him.

Luke's most memorable friend was Birdy. She was more than a handful. More like two semi-trucks full. Yeah, she tried fucking Luke, then got together with Luke, then tried fucking him again, got broken up with, then got back together with Luke, and then broke up with him again. They had a complicated journey and Luke wasn't surprised. He knew she wasn't going to be easy. But she still made Luke happy when she wasn't annoying him. He was glad they were friends after all their bullshit.

While Luke continued to think about his friends, he heard heavy panting and running come echoing down from the hallway. Luke turned around to see Skiowitz slowly running towards Luke, out of breath and on the other end of the hallway.

"Luke!" Skiowitz wheezed, holding a small piece of paper up as Luke raised an eyebrow. "I have an idea!"

"If it has to do with anything illegal or mangos - I'm out," Luke raised his hands up in defense as he slowly made his way towards the struggling teacher.

"No!" Skiowitz shouted, leaning himself as his hands were now on his knees as Luke neared towards him. Skiowitz threw his arm up in the air, holding the piece of paper up for Luke. "I found this for you while cleaning my desk."

"For me?" Luke laughed, now in clearer view of his sweaty teacher. "What is it?" he asked, approaching his teacher and snatching the piece of paper from his hand.

Luke looked at the paper, perking up an eyebrow as he examined the card. "A talent agent?" Luke asked, flipping the card over as Skiowitz finally stood up straight, capable of breathing properly.

"That's one of my buddies," Skiowitz nodded, shoving his hands in his pocket. "Well, he actually had sex with my girlfriend. So I take that back."

Luke laughed, looking down at the card once more. "Why are you giving this to me?"

Skiowitz sighed, pointing over to the stairs a few feet away for the two to go sit at. The two guys shuffled over to the cement stairs, plopping down as the teacher exhaled, beginning to speak.

"Luke," Skiowitz smiled, looking down as he opened his hands for expression. "I'm giving this to you because you have some of the greatest amounts of potential I have ever seen. And kid, I work in a school that kids have to audition to get into. You're not stuck up - you're humble. You are down-to-earth and you know right from wrong. You have fit in so well here and I know you never thought that was going to happen. You're a good leader and talented. You've got looks that billions of teenage girls would fall in love with. You can make it big. If I could put my money on any one of the thousands of students here, all I have would bet on you, Luke Hemmings."

"Skiwoitz," Luke shook his head, trying to hand the card back to him. "I can't use this. I'm only sixteen."

Skiowitz shook his head while smiling, pushing the card back towards the blonde boy in front of him.

"Luke," Skiowitz muttered under his breath as he smiled up at the boy. "You don't have to be afraid to put your dream in action."

my first successful book is gone what the where did time go it seems like yesterday this idea came to mind i crie

BUT NOT SO FAST THERES AN EPILOGUE COMING UR WAY SOMETIME BEFORE SUNDAY !!!

COMMENT ME NICE THINGS AND WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF VICTORIOUS !!!!!!!

- bella