Chapter Fifteen: Burned

"Aang, she just thinks emotionally. I'm sure this is very hard on her, you're just going to have to give her some time and space. In the meantime, we need to focus on getting you to the Northern Water Tribe."

"Sokka, we're in the middle of a random village, we aren't focusing on the Northern Water Tribe at all!" Sokka remained undeterred by Aang's snarky comment as he continued to peer through each shop window that they had passed. Unknowing to Aang, Sokka mentioned to both Iroh and Zuko that they were going to land in an old Fire Nation Village just south of the Northern Water Tribe. They had visited this village previously before they had made it to the Northern Water Tribe the first time. Sokka planned on jogging Aang's memory by taking him around and showing him familiar sights.

"Sokka! Are you even listening to me?" Oblivious to Aang's questioning, Sokka continued to peer through shop windows before laying his eyes on an intricately decorated scabbard, a steel sheath for his sword.

"Sokka!" Confused, Sokka turned around towards Aang and tilted his head to one side.

"What?" Growling in disbelief, Aang began to storm off in a random direction before Sokka caught his swaying arm.

"Whoa there, Aang. The last thing we need right now is to make a scene. Besides, where we are right now is calm, peaceful, and ridden of Azula's goons. I doubt she would think that we would journey to a Fire Nation village, so calm down, keep your cool, and attract the least amount of attention to yourself."

"So why are we even here," Aang snapped, crossing his arms and blowing a gust of air up towards the sky.

"Aang, do you remember this village?" Aang looked around confused as he took in the scenery around him. Sighing, he put his head down in shame, causing Sokka to stand next to him and place a hand on his shoulder.

"So we came here just to jog my memory, huh? Can we just go back to Appa and get out of here?" Suddenly, Aang felt a spike hit his feet causing him to yelp and jump high into the air."

"What did I say about making a scene?!" Aang, now flat on his bottom from the hit, rubbed the bottom of his foot in anguish as he looked around them.

"Don't blame me, something hit me!"
"Oh yeah, like what?" But before Aang could respond, Sokka also felt the spike, sending him hurling into a nearby post. Once he landed face-first into the metal post, he turned around and watched as both Toph walked up, an obvious smirk across her face.

"Toph! Will you knock it off, we're trying to lay low!"

"Oh yeah, yelling that we're laying low definitely means that we're laying low. Besides, I can tell by my feet that Aang isn't covering his arrow." Horrified, Aang grabbed his Momo, who was eating out of a barrel of berries, and placed him on the top of his head.

"I had to cover my arrow," Aang gritted through his teeth, staring daggers into the side of Sokka's temple.

"Will you just calm down and listen to me? I said, if we lay low, it won't matter. No one here has anything against us, and therefore, will not rat us out. As long as we keep to ourselves, we'll be just fine." Rolling his eyes, Aang stormed off, leaving Sokka and Toph.

"Nice going Toph!"

"What is your plan, Snoozles? Do you really think that taking him here will stir his memories? I'm sorry Sokka, but this just seems like a big waste of time." Growling, Sokka hiked his shoulders up and stormed after Aang, Toph tailing him as he marched. Among several different shoppers, Sokka lost sight of him. Anger filling his face, he turned and glared towards Toph who leisurely strolled behind him, playing with a pebble in her hands.