|Chapter 11|

I GOT A 100 ON AN ESSAY OVER A BOOK I DIDNT EVEN READ

I FEEL LIKE A GOD

Anyways I'm baaaack. Yeah. Vibe I guess? I'm not the most satisfied with this chapter but I'm getting back into the rhythm of writing.

Keep commenting guys. I like reading what you have to say. :)

🔥˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

We all walked into the temple, gazing up at the beautiful tall pillars. Aang made a comment about having to clean his room after 100 years. Yeesh.

I could smell the dust just thinking about it.

Growing up I wasnt allowed servants. I'm not sure if my mother ever knew about it, but Azula did. She gave me hell for it, trashing my room and dirtying my clothes. Little hoe.

Other than my clothes and art supplies I didnt have many belongings. I guess that helped. I only ever had to maintain the dust and dirt in my room, no clutter.

I kept most of my art supplies under a floorboard, afraid of what Azula might do if she got to them. The board was under my bed so nobody ever heard it creak.

My secret storage held ink, brushes, thick parchment, and origami paper. I kept all my prized possessions there. Gifts from my brother and uncle. A doll from my mother.

Azula never knew it existed. The only one who knew about it was Zuko, and even he didn't know exactly where it was.

Aang's bedroom, of course, hadn't been lived in.

His home hadn't been lived in.

Aang walked closer to the main entrance of the temple, his steps now filled with hesitance.

Aang seemed calm about the whole situation. Too calm. Every step I took was filled with anxiety and dread. Even 100 years later, it was still my people who brought death to the Airbenders. The demise of a great nation. I felt guilty for it. Guilty I had no way to prevent it.

The idea was ridiculous, of course. It all happened about 90 years before I had been born. Even after reminding myself over and over again, I couldn't help but feel the same. Guilty.

Aang brought us to a door, which was far taller than any of us. Metal tubes and pipes wound together over the door.

Sokka tried to open the door. He put all his body weight into it but still failed. He sighed in defeat.

"You open it with air bending. Here, I'll show you."

Sokka moved out of the way just before Aang bent the air around him, sending a gust of wind into the opening of the pipe. The display was almost just like the doors on the fire temples my uncle had taken me to see.

The door unlocked and swung open slowly. The room behind it was dark, but it was clean and the air was cool.

All of us walked into the room. I calmed slightly at the feeling of the slight cool breeze brushing my skin. I seemed to thrive in the cold.

The room was lined with statues, from the floor clear to the roof and out of sight. Katara and I gasped at the beauty of the intricate carvings.

The Airbender and the Water Tribe siblings fell into a conversation about the avatar cycle while I walked around, admiring the statues. Each character held such great detail, I could only imagine the time it could've taken to craft such a beautiful room.

Sokka didn't look nearly as impressed.

"These are the past Avatars, right?" Katara and Aang nodded. Sokka put his hand to his chin, seemingly deep in thought. "So... What were they gonna do when they ran out of space?"