Chapter Eighty Four

"Out of here, quickly!" Snape says, grabbing Draco and I by the arms and throwing us out of the door with the rest of them. Without much of a choice, Draco and I follow the Death Eaters and Snape. Draco's hand never releases its grip on mine, much to my gratitude.

We are lead out of the entrance hall and to the grounds. I immediately know what they are planning on doing. They want us out of the castle grounds in order for us to Apparate . . .

"Stupefy!" The familiar voice of Harry Potter yells. He throws jinx after jinx after jinx until he miraculously hits one of the Death Eaters.

"Amelia, Draco! Run!" Snape commands.

"We have to Apparate!" Draco yells to me as we near the gates of Hogwarts and off of castle grounds.

"But — our test! We haven't it taken it yet!" I exclaim worriedly, clutching his hand tighter.

"This is life or death, Amelia! You're better at Apparating than anyone in the school!" Draco says shakily. "Please, we have to!"

We reach the gates of Hogwarts. I throw myself at him and his arms wrap tightly around me. He runs his hands through my hair as I cry but remember the three D's.

Destination, Determination, and Deliberation.

The two of us shakily return to the comfort of Draco's bedroom . . . but was it truly comforting? This is the place where we had sat in fear for days on end, wondering what the Death Eaters and Voldemort will choose as our fate.

But on the other hand — it was where Draco and I had confessed our love for each other. It was where he gifted me the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. It was where I lost my purity to him. Because I would give him anything he asked of me.

"There you two are!" Narcissa says. "Tomorrow at noon, the Dark Lord will be coming for a meeting. I am so proud of the two of you . . "

She leaves the room quietly after.

Without saying a word, Draco's arms embrace me in the quite possibly the tightest hug I've ever been in. I  let out the remaining tears I've been holding, and by the breathless sounds of Draco, so is he.

In a way, it's ironic — we didn't kill anyone. We didn't even hurt anybody. But in a way, we were the reason everything had happened tonight. If we hadn't fixed that awful cabinet nothing would have happened.

******

The next morning, I wake up entangled in Draco's arms. We're still engaged in a tight embrace. I look up at his face, which looks so soft and unbothered when he's asleep. His eyes are puffy from all the tears he cried the night before and I'm sure mine look exactly the same.

"Draco . . .," I whisper softly, squeezing his hand.

"Tell me it was all a dream," He groans, holding me tighter against his chest.  I can feel his heartbeat against me, which calms me immensely.

"I wish it were," I say numbly, standing up. "It's nearly noon, we have to get up."

I rummage through Draco's dresser in order to find the most presentable clothes. Ever since last Summer, when I spent nearly everyday in his room, our closets have unintentionally merged with each other.

Throwing on a neat sweater and a skirt, I find my way back to Draco, who's wearing a suit. If this were any other occasion, his attractiveness and his attractiveness only would consume my mind.

Draco and I quickly walk into the parlor, our hands intertwined. By now, all the Death Eaters are aware of our relationship and approve of it. Two wealthy, pureblood, Death Eaters aligning? A match in heaven according to them.