Chapter Thirty Four

The next day was my first trip to Hogsmeade. Hogwarts had hosted a few other trips to Hogsmeade this year but I had opted not to go in order to help Harry, Ron, and Hermione with Harry's task.

The three of them had certain business to take care of — aka speaking with Sirius Black, Harry's uncle — that I wasn't allowed to attend. Apparently since my parents were very keen with Dark Arts and because I'm a Slytherin, Sirius was distrusting of me. It hurt a little bit, but spending the day with Blair, Daphne and Millicent wouldn't be horrific.

Millicent smiles at me. "Hello, Amelia, how are you doing today?" She asks me.

I raise my eyebrows at her kindness. She's never rude to me but she has never been this extraordinarily kind. All the Slytherin girls are very hesitant with me since I'm quite good friends with many Gryffindors.

"I'm alright, how are —"

"Can I tell you something?" Millicent interjects.

"Er — sure, what's up, Millicent?" I ask her cautiously. By now, the two of us have diverted into our own path away from Daphne and Blair.

"Pansy told me that her and Draco are having sex tonight," Millicent confides. "I'm bloody awful at secrets, but since you don't really have many friends I thought that you would be a good person to tell."

My eyebrows wrinkle at her backhanded compliment. "Thanks, Millicent, I appreciate the kindness," I mumble sarcastically.

Millicent gasps. "Oh, not like that! Well, sort of like that, but I still like you!" She exclaims.

The two of us meet up with Daphne and Blair at the Three Broomsticks, a lively pub filled with music and butterbeer. The other Slytherin boys in our year are here too — Zabini, Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco. Draco is sitting so close to Pansy that she's practically on his lap right now.

Blair gives me a wary look when she sees that Draco and I are near each other. I haven't mentioned anything about the prophecy yet to him and I don't plan on it. Knowing Draco, he would not take it seriously and just make fun of me for it.

I offer to order the butterbeers for the table, feeling extremely out of place with my fellow Slytherins. I walk up to the bar, where a cheerful man comes up to take my order.

"Could I have nine butterbeers?" I ask him.

The man, whose nametag reads Walden, looks me up and down. "Maybe you should start with one or two first? They can really start to affect you if you drink too many," He warns me.

My cheeks burn with embarrassment. "Er — not just for me, I'm ordering for my friends as well," I tell him. He nods understandingly.

"Very well," Walden says.

"Amelia?" A familiar voice asks from behind me.

I turn around, and see the boy who I haven't spoken to in nearly a month. Cedric Diggory.

"What do you want, Cedric?" I ask in a frustrated tone. He can't accuse me of being his hostage purposefully and ignore me for a month and then expect me to speak with him civilly.

Cedric rubs his forehead in frustration. "I'm sorry, okay? I messed up. McGonagall told me you had no idea you were going to be my hostage."

I grunt. "Took you long enough," I mutter.

"I want to be your friend, still. If — er, if you'd let me?" Cedric asks awkwardly, stepping closer to me.

Walden returns with the nine butterbeers on a tray. "I don't know," I say. "Why do you still want to be my friend anyway? Wouldn't Cho get angry?"

Cedric laughs. "Cho knows that we are only friends, she doesn't mind me speaking to you. I've missed you, Amelia," He confesses. The two butterbeers that he has ordered for him and Cho have also arrived.

I grab the tray. "I'll think about it," I tell Cedric, walking past him so he wouldn't be able to say anything else to me. I can't be friends with him again after how rudely he treated me. Besides, I don't know how much I can take of seeing him and Cho together. Whatever, he's just a stupid crush.

"Oooh! Butterbeer!" Pansy exclaims, putting a plastic straw in her glass and taking a sip. "Would you like to share, Dracey?" She asks.

Draco shakes his head. "I have my own."

I bat my eyelashes, mimicking Pansy. "Don't want to share with your girlfriend, Dracey?" I tease. The table snickers, except for Draco and Pansy. Pansy looks offended but Draco looks mildly amused.

The group splits up after we have our butterbeers. Millicent, Pansy, and Daphne go to Gladrags Wizardwear to try and buy some more clothes (they already have quite enough), the boys go to Honeydukes, and Blair goes to Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. I, however, go to Zonko's Joke Shop for one, well technically two, specific reasons.

The trek from the Three Broomsticks to Zonko's was relatively short and I immediately notice two red headed boys in the center of the shop.

"Oi, Grey!" George exclaims excitedly once he sees me. Fred's eyes light up when he turns around to greet me as well.

"What have you two been up to?" I ask, immediately noticing the mischievous expressions on their faces.

"Well after I finished completing your History of Magic homework, Georgey and I played a prank on ol' Snape," Fred confides, wrapping an arm around my shoulder in a friendly way.

"And what does this prank happen to be?" I ask.

George chuckles. "You'll find out soon enough."

I eye the pair suspiciously. "Speaking of pranks, I actually need your two's help. I want to play a prank on Slytherin," I tell the two seriously.

"Why?" Fred asks me curiously. "Have they done something to bother you? Because if they're giving you a hard time —"

"No, no, it's nothing like that. Slytherin has been getting kind of boring, so I need something to spice it up," I tell the twins cheekily.

George nods his head at me. "I like your thinking, Grey," He tells me. Fred bums in agreement.

And so, the three of us exit Zonko's and devise a master plan to prank Slytherin.

Hi!! So I'm back (as if I didn't upload a few hours ago) but yeah!!

QOTC: What's your hybrid house? (2 houses)
AOTC: I'm a Gryffinclaw