Chapter Fifty Four

December flew by pretty quickly and soon enough, Hogwarts was decorated beautifully to celebrate Christmas. I had taken a lot of time to focus on myself and my true friends — I apologized to George about unintentionally getting him expelled from Quidditch (he laughed and told me he would have punched Malfoy anyway).

"This Potions essay is impossible!" I groan, shoving my head in my hands. Blair laughs quietly but makes no effort to help me with my essay.

"Maybe if you weren't so stupid, you'd be able to write it," Pansy sneers. Her essay barely has three sentences — she's much too engrossed in reading The Daily Prophet to worry about Snape's class.

"I don't understand how you're so awful at Potions, Grey," Draco says, looking up from his book. "You're pretty okay at everything else," He tells me.

I roll my eyes. "Thanks," I mutter sarcastically.

Before I can continue working on my essay, my body goes numb and my mind exits the Slytherin Common Room. I'm in a room in a silvery cloak.

A wand withdraws . . . fangs plunge deeply into a red haired man's flesh . . . blood gushes everywhere . . . pain seethes through his body and radiates onto me. . . cries of pain . . . everything hurts. I did it. I bit him.

"Amelia! AMELIA!"

The Slytherin fifth years were standing over me, looking frightened. Since my vision, I had somehow been moved onto the couch, where I was currently laying with a white-hot poker being applied to my forehead.

I roll over, clutch my stomach, and vomit over the edge of the couch. Daphne shrieks and takes two steps back. "Not on my shoes!" She cries.

I push myself up, the pain striking me hard. "I have . . . I have to find Weasley," I say quickly.

"Weasley?" Draco asks confused. "Why do you keep going back to him when he's constantly foul to you?"

"I could ask you the same question," I mutter. "His father — he was attacked by a snake. I saw it, Draco. I felt it," I say seriously.

"It was probably just a dream," Blair assures me, but her pale face says otherwise.

I begin to shake uncontrollably. "It's not a dream! It actually happened! I have to warn Ron! You have to believe me," I beg my classmates.

I stand up for a brief second before Draco pushes me down.  "Amelia, you're not well," He says shakily. I've never seen him so flustered. "Pansy has gone to fetch Professor Snape."

"What is all this fuss?" Snape drawls, entering the common room. "Miss Grey, what is going on?"

"Er —," I say, suddenly feeling embarrassed of all the unwanted attention. "I just felt a little sick. I'm alright now, thank you Professor."

Professor Snape sighs and mutters something about wasting time before exiting the common room. I stand up quickly and dash out of the dungeons right after before anyone can stop me.

Fifteen minutes later, I sprint to the Gryffindor common room, extremely out of breath. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia!" I tell the Fat Lady. "It's an emergency, please!" I exclaim.

She rolls her eyes. "You always have an emergency, Slytherin. Go ahead . . .,"

I don't even have time to thank her before I enter the common room. All eyes turn to me. Harry, Hermione, Neville, Seamus, Dean, Fred, George, and a few other Gryffindors are seated and talking.

"Where's Ron?" I ask instantly.

"He's at Quidditch practice. You need to stop coming here, Amelia," Hermione tells me. "You aren't a Gryffindor and this isn't your common room."

"No, but it's —"

"Eh, what's a Slytherin doin' in the Gryffindor common room?" Angelina Johnson asks, frowning. She's followed by the Quidditch team including Ron and Ginny.

I breathe in relief. "Fred, George, Ron, Ginny! You have to listen. I had a vision and —"

"I don't want to speak with you, Amelia," Ron says. "I saw the badge you wore during the first Quidditich match. You're an awful friend, y'know that?"

"Listen to me anyway, please!" I beg. "Your father — he's going to be bitten by a snake. We have to stop it! We have to help him!" I tell them.  The Gryffindors look at me like I have seven heads.

Before anyone can continue, Professor McGonagall enters the Gryffindor common room, looking solemn. If it were any other occasion, I would surely be chastised for being here.

"Professor McGonagall!" I say, relieved that somebody might believe me. "You have to help us! Ron's father is going to be attacked by a snake!"

She looks at me with a surprised expression. "I need to speak with the Weasleys," She says. "Miss Grey, you might need to join us as well."

"It is true. Your father has been badly injured from a snake. However, I don't know where Miss Grey has obtained this information from," McGonagall says, pulling us outside and looking skeptically at me. Sirius and Harry have joined us.

"Well, I had some sort of vision. I saw — I did it. But I'm not a snake. I don't know how," I mutter in a confused tone.

"Is mum here?" Fred asks Sirius.

"She probably doesn't even know what's happened yet," Sirius says truthfully. "I expect Dumbledore is letting her know now."

"We've got to go to St. Mungo's!" Ginny says.

"Hang on, you can't go tearing off to St. Mungo's!" Sirius tells the Weasleys. "How are you going to explain how you knew Arthur was attacked before the hospital even let his wife knows?"

"What does it matter?" George asks hotly.

"It matters because we don't want to draw attention to the fact that Amelia is having visions of things that are happening hundreds of miles away! Have you any idea what the Ministry would make of that information?" Sirius says angrily.

"Somebody else could have told us . . . We could have heard it somewhere other than Amelia," Ginny says feebly, knowing Sirius is correct.

"Like who?" Sirius asks impatiently. "Listen, your dad's been hurt while on duty for the Order and the circumstances are fishy enough without his children knowing about it seconds after it happened, you could seriously damage the Order's —"

"We don't care about the dumb Order! It's our dad dying we're talking about!" Fred shouts.

"This is what you don't understand," Sirius responds. "These are things worth dying for!"

"Oh, for the love of Merlin!" I cry. "What the hell is this Order and why can't I know about it?"

Sirius looks at me, and then to Harry. "You haven't told her about the Order? I specifically told you that she needs to know!" Sirius snaps.

"But Sirius, she's in Slytherin. And her parents —"

"I know what her parents are! We need Amelia on our side and she clearly has the morality for it. If she rushed to tell you lot about your father when you've all been nothing but rude to these past few months, she's clearly a lot kinder than you are!" Sirius yells, his voice rising with every second.

The room goes quiet for a second. "The Order is a secret society of people opposed to Lord Voldemort," Harry tells me awkwardly. "Er — I'm sorry for not telling you before."

I bite my lip. "It's alright. So — am I a part of the Order?" I ask Sirius.

"Yes, if you'd like. Let's all have a drink while we're waiting . . . Accio Butterbeer!"

I know this was originally Harry's vision, but you'll understand soon why Amelia gets visions of Voldemort :):)

We're #28 in Draco Malfoy, thank you all!