Chapter Fifty Three

George's punch was so powerful that it sent me flying to the ground with blood pouring everywhere. This action causes Draco and George to fight even more, with yells and swears exploding from both Gryffindors and Slytherins.

My vision blurs from the amount of blood loss and pain I've endured, and my head is spinning. I don't even realize Fred Weasley has pulled me up from the ground until I'm on my own two feet. I can barely stand without wobbling over, causing Fred to have his arm wrapped tightly around my waist.

"IMPEDIMENTA!"

"What do you think you're doing?" Madam Hooch screams. Draco rests on the floor, moaning in pain and clutching his stomach. George sports a swollen lip whilst Crabbe cackles.

"I've never seen behavior like this! Go back to the castle and straight to your Head of House's office! Go now!" Madam Hooch screams. "You too, Weasley!" She says, pointing to Fred.

"But, Madam Hooch, Amelia —"

"I've got her, Madam Hooch," Draco interrupts, standing behind Fred. Fred abruptly moves out of the way and Draco takes his place, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I'm fine —"

"Amelia, you can barely stand," Draco says. He let's go of me for a second, causing me to stumble. He rolls his eyes and puts his arm back around me.

"Whatever," I say, knowing I won't be winning any argument I have with him. I let him walk me back into the castle and towards the hospital wing.

"What were you thinking?" He asks me angrily. "I could've handled that just fine."

I shrug. "But then your nose would be bleeding."

Draco rolls his eyes. "At least I'd be able to throw a punch back," He retaliates.

"I couldn't have punched George! He would never punch me," I tell Draco. "The only reason why my nose is bleeding is because he was intending to punch you. And you deserve it, saying all those rotten things about the Weasleys . . ."

He raises an eyebrow. "I thought you and Weasley were arguing?" He says.

"That doesn't mean you can insult their entire family!" I counteract. I pull away from his grip, no longer feeling lightheaded and dizzy.

We reach the hospital wing without saying another word to each other. Madam Pomfrey gives me a quick healing spell and within seconds the blood dripping from my nose and into my clothing has evaporated.

"Guess I won't be needing this," I mumble, tossing my Weasley is our King badge that was covered in blood into the trash.

******

The Slytherin Common Room was lively and bright once I return from the hospital wing. I would have thought that they would be upset by our loss against Gryffindor — but even Montague is cheerfully drinking butterbeer and dancing to loud music.

"Amelia! Are you okay? I heard what happened!" Daphne exclaims, throwing her arms around me.

"Er — I'm fine. What's going on?" I ask apprehensively. I can barely hear myself over the music playing around the room.

"Didn't you hear? Potter and the Weasley twins are banned for life from Quidditch! Slytherin will surely win every Quidditch match now!" Daphne says happily, clapping her hands together.

"Grey!" Montague calls. "Get over here!"

Hesitantly, I head over to Montague, who is with the other Quidditch boys. Montague drunkenly wraps an arm around me and hands me a bottle of fire whiskey. "Have a sip, Grey," He tells me. "You deserve it out of all of us."