Chapter Forty One

I was only at the Malfoy Manor for a few days before I was shipped off to the States once again with some floo powder. I secretly had suspected my parents didn't want me to stay with them over the Summer, but I held no complaints. I had missed Grayson and Francesca so very much.

Grayson's family had been generous enough to offer me hospitality for the Summer — Grayson has three siblings and two loving parents, so I know that his house will never get boring.

"You have everything with you? You won't need to return to get something you've forgotten?" My mother asks me for confirmation, as I hold the floo powder in my hand.

"Yes," I tell her for the nth time. "I'm ready."

Narcissa and Lucius stand near my parents, with Draco by their side. "We'll miss you dearly," Narcissa tells me kindly. "Draco will write you every week!"

At this comment, Draco sends a dirty look to his mother, before turning his head back around.

None of the parents knew about my close relationship with Cedric Diggory, and to my gratitude, Draco hasn't said a word to them about it either. I've tried as hard as I can to act normal now that Cedric is gone. It still feels as if I have a massive hole in my heart, but I know I'll feel better soon.

With that, I release the floo powder and think of Grayson's house in Virginia. Next thing I know, I'm down the chimney in America.

"Amelia!" Grayson shouts immediately, expecting me. He envelops me in a tight embrace, even though I just toppled down from his chimney.

"Grayson! How have you been?" I ask.

"How have I been? You Know Who was just at your school and you're asking how I am? Tell me everything right now!" Grayson exclaims. He tugs me onto the couch so that I'm sitting next to him.

"So — Basically my parents and I moved into a mansion with their friends, and they have a son my age, Draco Malfoy. He's awful, he's so cruel to everyone. I went to Hogwarts and got sorted into Slytherin — that's sort of like the Horned Serpent house — and everyone there is so snobby! I've managed to make some friends from my house, though. My three best friends are Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger, but they're in Gryffindor —"

"You're friends with Harry Potter?"

"Yes — but he isn't stuck up at all! He's so kind! Anyway, I made it onto the Slytherin Quidditch Team, but I'm a Chaser since the Keeper position was taken by a sixth year. The Keeper tried to snog me but Draco Malfoy stopped us. I went to the Yule Ball with him also and Draco ruined my dress after like an hour! In February, I was used as a hostage in the Triwizard Tournament and Cedric Diggory had to save me! Except he got really angry at me because he thought I was trying to sabotage his relationship with his girlfriend — but then he forgave me and we kissed in the library,"

"You kissed a boy? Amelia!" Grayson scolds playfully, jabbing my arm.

"Yes! And then on the third task, Voldemort came and went against Harry, but Harry was able to defeat him! Except he m- murdered my friend Cedric," I say, blinking away tears. "And that's pretty much it."

Grayson gapes at me. "Wow. . ."

I stand up, feeling embarrassed that I had just told him my entire year's story. "Where're your parents? I'd love to say hello to them," I tell Grayson.

"Mom! Dad! Amelia's here!" Grayson yells, cupping his hands around his mouth to amplify his voice.

Two middle aged people come running down the stairs. Grayson's father looks exactly like him except for the eyes— caramel colored hair, a hooked nose, and olive skin. Grayson shares the same brown eyes with his mother, but his mother has black hair.

"Why didn't you tell us our guest had arrived, Grayson?" His mother, Ann, scolds. "Welcome, Amelia, we've been expecting you!" She says, enveloping me in a warm hug.

His father does the same. "You've grown so much, I nearly didn't recognize you!" He tells me.

Grayson's three siblings clobber down the stairs as well. He has two sisters and a brother, all younger than him. His sisters are eight and nine, whilst his brother is turning eleven in August.

"Amelia!" Gianna and Giselle shout at the same time, each giving me a warm hug. I laugh at their enthusiasm — they're both still so young, I'm surprised that they remember who I am.

"Hello, Amelia!" Gabriel says politely, adjusting the set of glasses on his face. "How have you been?"

"I've been well," I tell the young boy. "I've missed all of you tremendously though. How's school?"

"It's alright," He says whilst making a face. "I don't like the homework, though."

I engage in brief conversation with Gianna, Giselle, and Gabriel before Grayson gently grabs my arm and starts to lead me up the stairs.

"Alright, alright," Grayson says. "I'm taking Amelia up to my room now," He says.

"Leave the door open!" Ann calls from behind us, causing Grayson and I's cheeks to burn a deep shade of scarlet.

Grayson leads me up to his bedroom. I haven't been in a muggle house in so long that it feels odd to not have magical items near me at all times. His room is rather small but it is neat and organized.

"So . . .," Grayson begins. "Have you completely forgotten about your best friend now that you have insanely cool British ones like Harry Potter?"

I laugh. "Of course, not. You're still my best friend. I wish you and Francesca could come to Hogwarts with me. It's truly amazing, you know."

Grayson pales. "About Francesca . . . —"

"Do you think we can visit her tomorrow?" I ask him. "She told me she has something urgent to tell me as soon as I visited America," I tell him.

Grayson freezes. "Amelia, Francesca is dead."

This girl can't catch a break from drama smh

QOTC: How do you like Amelia's American friends? Well, I guess friend 😳