Chapter Thirty

Author's Note: If you're here from TikTok, check out my recent video! You have the chance to become an OC in my story! @twosoulsfanfic!

I stare into the bathroom mirror of the girl's dormitory aimlessly. I've tried everything and the stupid butterbeer stain is still there. It's pointless.

"Amelia?" A voice calls from outside. Draco.

"What?" I ask, hostile. I just know he ambushed me with butterbeer on purpose. And now he's trying to act all nice to me? It's ridiculous.

"I-I'm s-s— I'm- I'm sorry," Draco says after severe hesitation. I think that's the first apology he's ever said in his entire life.

I laugh coldly. "You intentionally spilled butterbeer on me. Do you want me to forgive you?" I ask.

Draco looks lost. "Let me help," He says, gesturing to my stained dress. He takes a step forward and I take a step backwards.

"Take another step towards me and I'll punch you again Malfoy," I say, taking another step back and nearly falling over because of how long the dress is.

Draco rolls his eyes. "You're so bloody stubborn," He says angrily. With that, he grabs my arm and pulls me into his dormitory. Everyone is at the Yule ball so my struggling goes unheard.

"Sit," He demands.

I defiantly remain standing.

"Sit or I'll make you sit," He threatens.

"We all know what happened last time you tried to use magic on me," I remind him. Draco's silver eyes twinkle and I hate to admit how attractive he looks in his suit and collared shirt.

"I never said I was going to use magic," He simply says, reaching into his closet and pulling out his Quidditch jumper and sweatpants. I can't even imagine Draco owning clothes like this, but he obviously does.

"Change into these. One of the house elves taught me a cleaning spell when I was younger. I think I might remember it," He informs me.

I raise an eyebrow. "You're scaring me. Why are you acting nice?" I question. "Also, why does the dress have to be off?" I ask him curiously.

"We both know I can't do magic on you. Also, I don't want to risk anything if the spell goes wrong."

Reluctantly, I go into the bathroom and strip out of my beautiful blue gown and into Draco's clothes. They smell nice — I must admit. Sort of like green apples and cinnamon. The scent fills my nose.

"Limpio!" Draco says, pointing to my dress, with his back turned to me. My stained dress instantly turns clean again, looking brand new.

"The ball is almost over, it's no bother," I tell Draco.

I expect him to give up and leave, but instead he pulls out two cans of butterbeer from his dress robes. "Give me five minutes," He instructs me.

I nod, confused. Sitting on his bed, I hear the hum of the music from the Yule ball upstairs. Cedric and Cho must be having the time of their life right now and I'm here in Draco Malfoy's bed — but, not like that. In like a totally wholesome way.

Draco emerges from the dormitory bathroom, changed into casual clothes as well. "Draco, you're confusing me. What are we doing?" I ask him, raising my eyebrows at him skeptically.

"Do you trust me?"

"Well, I don't know, I-"

"Do you trust me, Amelia?" He repeats, firmer.

"I- Yes," I say breathlessly. He nods, exiting the dormitory and gesturing for me to follow him. I rise to my feet and follow him out of the dormitory, down the corridor, and up the stairwell.

"Where are we going?" I ask, as we continue to climb the stairs. We are heading to the Astronomy Tower, right where our Divination class is.

He smirks at me. "You said you trust me, right?"

"Yeah..." I reply uneasily. "Was that a mistake?"

"No," He says. He opens a latch, which reveals a ladder leading all the way up to the roof.

"Oh no, no, no..." I trail, backing so far away that I crash into the brick wall. "I am NOT going on the roof! Are you trying to get me expelled?" I whisper.

Draco rolls his eyes. "If I wanted you expelled, I would have gotten you expelled ages ago," He tells me indignantly. "Just come," He insists.

Begrudgingly, I follow Draco up to the rooftop where he hands me a can of butterbeer. I crack it open and stare at the sky. The music from the Yule ball can still be heard, even from this height.

"Have you heard from your parents lately?" Draco asks me, breaking the silence.

I sigh. "No, not really. They didn't even bother getting me a Christmas gift this year."

Draco's lips part slightly in surprise but he doesn't say anything. "So.. they haven't said anything to you about it?" He asks, staring at me seriously.

I turn my head and look at him. "And what is it?"

He purses his lips and turns away, staring at the dark sky. "You don't know then," He murmurs.

I set the can of butterbeer down. "What don't I know?" I ask him, in a confused tone.

Draco sighs. "It's better off if you don't know; at least for now," He tells me. "You don't want to know."

His face has grown even paler and he looks... nervous? I shake my head, angry that I had even gone up all the way here with him just for him to keep secrets drink me. I'm an idiot to think that he really did feel remorse for ruining my ball gown.

"You know what — forget it," I say angrily, standing up so suddenly that I nearly fall off the roof. "Thanks for cleaning the dress, but I hope you know we aren't friends and we'll never be friends," I tell him. "You really can't be nice to one person, can you?"

"Amelia, I —"

"Forget it, Draco," I say, angry as hell. "I'll give you your clothes back tomorrow, just leave me alone."

I climb down the ladder, leaving a stricken and confused Draco alone on the rooftop. I don't turn around until I've made it to the comfort of my own dormitory, where I immediately drift into a long sleep.

Hi!! So you saw soft Draco for like a SECOND hahah can't have too much happen at once.

What do you think Draco is keeping from Amelia?