Death's Day

You shake slightly as you curl up into Nightmare's arms, staring at your hands in shock. You somehow created a small red, orange, and yellow knife that you used to stab Undyne in the side.

It wasn't enough to kill the tyrant queen, only knock her out. But, you were terrified. You had no idea how or why you did that. All you remember is seeing Horror, one of the first people to accept you with open arms, in danger and about to be killed. You were determined to be brave and save him from the unjust punishment the queen decided to give him. Your feelings ran so strong, that you started acting without realizing.

Soon enough, you were out of Papyrus' arms and on top of Undyne a knife suddenly in hand being thrusted into her abdomen.

"Starlight, it's alright. You didn't do anything wrong." Nightmare murmurs into your hair, rubbing your head lightly.

"B-but, I-"

"You were protecting someone you cared about. She didn't die, and you saved Horror. It's okay." Nightmare had been comforting you all night, trying to calm you down and convince you that you did nothing wrong.

You sigh and let your tired eyes close, feeling a sense of security as you finally let your dad's words sink in. After all, he was right. If you hadn't acted, Horror would be dead. And with that thought you slip into a dreamless sleep.

--

Nightmare listens to your soft, barely audible, snores as you finally give up the ghost and fall asleep under his magic.

You had an unusually high resistance to passive magic when you want to. That would be extremely useful with the right training. Nightmare notes that when you're older he'll have to train you in all types of magic.

Having let you drift far enough into sleep, Nightmare stands up, your sleeping form still in his arms as he makes his way down the hall to his office.

Dream and his band of positivity addicts were inactive for far too long. It made the god of negativity nervous. So, in order to ensure your safety, Nightmare will have to call in a favor.

"Death? Yeah, I need to call in one of the favors you owe me."

---------------

Dream's head shoots up from the meeting table where Fresh, Epic, Classic, G, Shift, Life, Outer, and Ocean all sat.

Life also seems to have sensed the sudden shift in his movement.

Death was moving out of their home universe, and he was pissed.

"Uhmm... I apologise, it looks like the meeting will have to be delayed. I'll contact you all later." Dream tells the guests nervously, as he rushes out to go find Ink and Blue in hopes to check in on the god without him knowing. After all, no one wants to get in the way of Death, especially when he's angry.

----------

"You think the kid is in danger? Alright. I'll be there soon." Death mumbles, hanging up on Nightmare.

Death knew Dream was an ignorant idiot, but he didn't think he was this stupid. Honestly, Dream's inability to ask simple questions was just making thing so much worse than it needs to be.

The god shook his head as he looks over to Zelus. The smirking man was always stirring up trouble. He liked to make people jealous, stir up rivalries, keep feuds going. It was his job. He just did it a bit too well.

Something in the back of the powerful skeleton's mind told him that his fellow god had something to do with Dream's ongoing ignorance.

Clenching his hand around his scythe, Death ripped open a portal to Nightmare's castle. Trying to ignore the horrid smirk on the dark god's face. Bringing a child into his schemes wasn't new for Zelus, but it didn't make it any less despicable.