Chapter 24

Having nothing to do, I flipped through a magazine I found on the table. Something caught my eye.

JADE THE THIEF
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
REASON: STOLE THE HEAVEN FRUIT

Jade...Dad!? Is it dad? But I thought he is dead... I went around asking the villagers about this poster they all frowned at me an gave me a slight nod. It was him afterall... but what is the heaven fruit? I went to the library an read up on books I think much have connection with this heaven fruit.

HEAVEN FRUIT
IT IS A FRUIT THAT WILL GUARANTEE HAPPINESS AND WILL INCREASE YOUR POWER I YOU ARE A MAGE

Why would dad want the heaven fruit for!?  The only possible reason I can think off is that his living condition is really bad, but that doesn't give him the excuse to steal the heaven fruit.

As I return home from the library, I felt someone following me. I paced up and starts running. Before I can run far, that person get grip on my hand.

In fear, I turned my head around to see who was it. I wanted to show for help but his appearance stopped me.

"Dad!?? "

"Shhhhhh! Not so loud! "

"Why  are you here!? "

"To give you this " with that said, he opened his palm and the heaven fruit laid on his palm.

"This...!" I don't know how should I react. Dad squeeze that small fruit along with a slip of paper in to my hands and run away.

Why would he do that?  I don't understand. I unfolded the slip of paper an read the message.

ATSUKO, THIS IS THE HEAVEN FRUIT. I THOUGHT IT'LL GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT IN FIGHTING.. YOU KNOW WHO. AND... I'M SORRY FOR WHAT I HAD DONE TO YOU, I WOULD NOT EXPECT YOU TO FORGIVE ME BUT I'LL PRAY FOR YOUR SAFETY AND YOU HAPPINESS.

YOUR DAD,
JADE

Dad... he stile this fruit.. for me. Tears roll down my cheeks. Why would I not forgive my dad? it was ages ago since he tried to kill me. But this fruit is being stolen, I can't eat it.  I have to return thus to the rightful owner. As I turned, I felt light headed. Before I know anything, my sight turned pitch dark.