That Idiot who Makes me Nervous

"Luke!" I shouted, barging into the tent.

"Just couldn't resist, could y -"

"No time for joking. Have you seen my bracelet?" I asked him.

"I don't think so. What does it look like?" Luke asked, sitting up from his sleeping bag.

"It's red and it has a silver L charm," I described, impatiently.

"Haven't seen it," Luke shook his head. I exhaled heavily and started frantically looking through my bags which were shoved in the corner. "Are you sure you brought it here?" Luke questioned.

"Yeah. I remember fiddling with it in the car ride here," I chewed on the side of my cheek, trying to think of where it could be.

"Okay, we'll look for it tomorrow," Luke said, "Why don't we just sleep for now?"

"No way! I have to find it now. This is a public campsite, you know; there's different people camping and hiking on these grounds. Somebody could steal it by tomorrow!" I explained, crawling out of the tent with Luke following. I quickly popped into my parents' tent and looked around.

"We can go early in the morning. Like, seven! Nobody hikes at seven," Luke continued, trailing behind me as I searched around the campfire.

"I won't be able to sleep until I know that it's safe with me," I said. I sighed, not knowing where to look next.

"Is it that important to you?" Luke asked.

"Yes it is. I'm going to look in the woods," I said, walking away.

"Whoa whoa whoa. You're not going anywhere. It's too dangerous for you to go in the woods at this hour," Luke stepped in front of me to block the way.

I scoffed at him.

"Oh? And who are you? My mum? I'll do what I want,"

"You wouldn't even last a minute out there by yourself. You'd probably see a bug and then scream and come crying back here," Luke said.

"Okay, think whatever you want. I'm going in," I crossed my arms and walked around him.

"Fine. Do whatever you want, see if I care," Luke snorted as I started entering the mass crowd of trees. I won't leave until I find the bracelet, even if it takes all night.

I don't remember how long ago it was when I first entered the woods but it felt like ages. Rain was pouring down hard and my legs, completely covered in scratches and bruises, felt like they were going to give out at any moment. I was crying but I didn't realise it until now with all the rain. It was extremely dark and I could barely see anything. It was pretty much hopeless to find Louis' bracelet now, or to even find my way back to the campsite. I stopped walking for a moment and leaned against a tree to take some of the weight off my feet.

Soon after, lightning struck through the sky and I froze. I scrambled off from the tree and misplaced my feet in the process, causing me to trip and fall on the ground. I brought my arms around my head and started crying even harder. I'm going to get struck by lightning and die here. I know it. I so know it.

"Well what do we have here? If it isn't the noble loser!"

I looked up to see Luke looking grumpily at me. Usually, I would have been very upset that he was proven right. Usually, I would have been embarrassed to have him see me on the floor crying. Usually, I would have been annoyed that he was making fun of me when I was sad.

But instead, I ran up to him feeling nothing other than relief and gratefulness as I wrapped my arms around him tightly, crying into his chest. "N-Naomi?" he stuttered, staggering back a few steps.

"Luke ..." I managed to say between sobs. I tightened my grip; I felt so much more stable when I was closer to him.

Luke separated himself from the embrace.

"Hey, I'm here. Stop crying,"

I nodded and he turned around to lead me back to the campsite. He made me walk next to him to make sure I wouldn't get out of his sight.

Luke hasn't said a single word along the way, which made it so so so so so so much worse. Every agonisingly silent minute that passed, I expected him to nag at me for not listening to him or brag about being right. But he wasn't saying anything, making it extremely tempting to stab myself in the neck right now. "Hey," Luke suddenly turned his head towards me, causing my heart to jump, "That bracelet ... Louis gave that to you, didn't he?"

I nodded.

"How'd you know?"

"I saw him wearing a pink one with an N charm. I just thought it made sense," he shrugged, "You must like him a lot to look so hard for his gift,"

I started feeling uncomfortable. For some reason, I didn't feel like talking about Louis right now.

After a long silent trip through the woods, we finally reached our campsite. The rain stopped a long time ago so we were almost dry. I was assuming that our parents were sleeping and I was incredibly jealous. A warm cosy tent seemed like the best thing right now, but for now I was going to have to deal with the cold outside. "Okay, you sleep in the tent and I'll sleep outside," Luke said.

"What?" I blurted, suddenly feeling worried that he had the ability to read minds.

"It's okay if you don't want to sleep with me in the tent but I don't want you sleeping outside where it's cold and uncomfortable," Luke stated. I was completely lost for words. When has Luke started acting so ... so ...

"Uh ... I ... umm ..." WHY DID I TRY TO TALK WHEN I KNEW I COULDN'T?! STUPID NAOMI! "Thank you!" I squeaked before rushing into the tent. I quickly zipped it shut and fell on my back on to the blankets. "What's going on with me?" I mumbled to myself before I slowly drifted to sleep.

Luke's POV

I woke up early the next morning to help Naomi look for the bracelet but Naomi was already discouraged before we even entered the woods. After an hour of searching, it was getting hard to disagree with her.

"Why don't we take a break?" I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. My mind suddenly flashed back to last night when she hugged me so suddenly and I blushed, pulling my hand back. The way her eyes widened made me guess that she was thinking about the same thing.

"Uh, you can. I think I'm gonna keep looking," she said, quickly walking ahead. I went the other way and started heading back towards the campsite. I think we're about to go home now soon anyways.

Eventually, I catch myself thinking about last night, as much as I promised myself not to. Why did Naomi hug me like that? It was the last thing I expected her to do and it totally set me off guard.

A bright glare reflected at my eyes and I flinched, using my hands to cover it. How is there a glare coming from the floor?

And that's when I saw it.

I bent over and grabbed it by the charm which was well buried under a leaf. I found it! I found Naomi's bracelet!

I started quickening my pace towards the campsite. I can't wait to see her reaction! She'll be forever grateful to me and love me forever! Oooh or maybe I can mess her and make her become my slave for one day in order to get it back. The possibilities are endless!

I reached the campsite and decided to walk along the dock. I observed the bracelet carefully. It was some kind of embroidery of red string with a metal L charm.

I scoffed. Why would Naomi even want to wear Louis' initial anyways? I think it's cheesy and stupid. Actually, why does Naomi even like Louis in the first place? Why not Niall? Why not Ashton? Why not me? What makes Louis different?

I shook my head, deciding that useless questions weren't going to do me any good. I stared at the bracelet in my hands. Maybe it'd be better if I didn't give this back ...

No way! What am I thinking?! I would never do that. I'm a better person than tha - "Luke! We're about to leave!" Naomi said, her voice approaching closer behind me. Completely startled, I accidentally dropped the bracelet into the lake.

"Oops ..." I muttered, my heart beating faster. I prayed to God that Naomi did not see that.

"Hey, we're leaving," she said, gesturing back at my parents' car.

"Okay," I mumbled, walking with her, "So did you find your bracelet?"

"No," she sighed, "But I'm over it. Louis'll understand, and I guess I was just going to lose it eventually, right?"

"Definitely," I snorted.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Naomi glared at me.

"I was just agreeing with you!" I defended.

"Yeah but you don't have to be all obnoxious about it!"

"How was I being obnoxious?"

"Oh yeah, so I suppose everybody just snorts every time they talk, huh?"

"You're an idiot," I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my grin. I never get tired of her stupid bickering.

"If I'm an idiot then you're a jellyfish,"

"Why a jellyfish?"

"Because they don't have brains, I think," Naomi looked deep in thought.

"Well if I'm a jellyfish, you're a pig," I smiled.

"Oh my god, I hate you,"