The Evil Dragon and the Knight in Shining Armour

"Guys! Let's hang out at Luke's house today!" Calum decided during English. My head immediately popped up from my desk towards their direction.

"Uhh my house is kind of ... a no, sorry," Luke said. We briefly made eye contact.

"Whhhyyy?" Louis whined, "Your house is the best!"

"The plumbing is broken. We can just go somewhere else," he suggested.

"Yeah, right. I bet it's just his lame excuse because he doesn't want us to come over," Michael crossed his arms.

"No, I meant what I said," Luke said sternly.

"Fine, whatever," Michael rolled his eyes.

"I'm taking a nap," Luke told me as soon as we got home.

"Have fun, grandad," I teased. Seriously, who takes a nap nowadays?

"Whatever. Don't disturb me," he warned as he walked up the stairs.

"Fine," I said as I plopped on to the sofa and flicked on the TV. I was watching some variety show until it hit me.

Luke.

In my room.

Alone.

"Oh no you don't!" I shouted as I ran upstairs. Who knows what he could do?! Go through my drawers, read my diary ... Wait ... Do I even have a diary?! "Luke!" I exclaimed as I burst through the door. My eyes widened when I saw him in the process of lying down in my bed, shirtless. "LUKE!" I screamed, covering my eyes.

"What?!" he sounded startled.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET OFF MY BED! PUT A SHIRT ON!!!" I yelled. I grabbed the pencil jar on my desk and started throwing pencils at him.

"OW! OW! STOP! STOP!" Luke attempted to shield himself, which seemed difficult because he was kind of HALF-NAKED.

"PUT! ON! A! SHIRT!" I screamed as I finished my jar. I threw the jar at him which hit him square on the head, knocking him unconscious.

I was panting from all the yelling.

"I'm telling your parents about this," Luke announced half an hour later when he was conscious while pressing the ice pack against his head.

"You brought this on yourself," I stated, simply, sitting next to him on the sofa.

"What's the big deal anyway? You've seen me without a shirt before," Luke said.

"Yeah when we were kids!" I said as if this was the most simplistic thing ever.

"So what difference does it make?" Luke asked.

"Everything!" I groaned as I covered my face with my hands.

Luke placed the ice pack on the coffee table and leaned in.

"You know, I think you're overreacting now because you like me,"

"What?!" I exclaimed, dropping my hands to my sides to realise how close he was. My eyes widened and I started inching back, only to have Luke leaning in closer.

"I mean why did you even go into the room knowing I was taking a nap? I bet you were planning to watch me while I sleep," Luke said in a low tone, wavering at a dangerously close distance. My back hit the arm of the sofa and I gulped. What's going on with him?!

Just when he was about to get too close, I started hearing talking.

"Wait, do you hear that?" I shoved Luke's face away and sat up, listening carefully.