The Unending Curse

Naomi

{Prologue}

Age 6

I hugged my knees, trying to be as invisible as I could under the table. I swear Luke is going to kill me when he finds his -

"NAOMIIIII. WHERE ARE YOUU?!"

Crap.

"Luke what's wrong?" I heard my mum ask.

"Mrs Wright, have you seen your daughter?" Luke questioned politely.

"I think I saw her hiding somewhere under the table," ratted out by my own mother. I tried to make a run for it but I felt something pulling my leg.

"LET GO, YOU MONSTER!!" I screamed as Luke started dragging me towards him. I tried grabbing the legs of the chairs to preserve my life but Luke would just yank me harder.

"Well look who we have here," Luke said menacingly, holding me upside down from my foot.

"LET GOOO!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, I attempted kicking him in the face and succeeded, crashing on to the ground. I tried getting up but he pinned my arms to the floor and sat on top of me so I couldn't escape.

"Yahh ... Do you know what this is?!" Luke waved over my face one of his toy cars. It was one that I painted all over in pink and drowned with glitter and jewels.

"It looks way better than whatever it used to be," I smiled.

"This was my favourite edition. Now you're going to have to pay," Luke said.

"Oh please, what's the worst you could do?" I bluffed. Luke stared at me for a moment before he started tickling my sides. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA, LUKE GET OFF ME," I tried to push him off but I was too weak from the lack of oxygen in my lungs.

"You're way too ticklish to bluff," Luke smirked, enjoying my weakness at stake.

Age 7

I was making a card for my friend when I heard something hit my window. I knew it was Luke so I ignored it.

Until I heard it hit my window again. And again. And again. And -

THUMP!

I slammed my crayon on my desk and walked to my window, opening it.

"ARE YOU TRYING TO BREAK THE GLASS?!" I yelled.

"Me and my mum got in a fight and I locked myself in my room. I'm hungry but I can't go downstairs," Luke said, leaning on the railing of his window.

"So? What do you want me to do about it?" I said.

"Be the good girl you are and get me some food!" Luke shot back.

"No! Why should I?!" I said, I saw Luke's eyes wander hungrily behind me. I turned around and found a bag of crisps lying on my desk. I grabbed it and turned back to face the window, "Oh something like this?" I stuck the bag partially out of the window.

"Yes! That's perfect! Throw it over here," Luke reached his hands out.

"I don't know ... I'm kind of hungry too ..." I said.

"Oh you're funny. Give it," Luke leaned out his window.

"Mann ... These are good," I teasingly munched on a few crisps.

"YAH! Hand it over!" Luke sucked in his breath through his teeth.

"Why don't you come over here and get it?" I said, chuckling at his misery. I looked into my bag to get another crisp and next thing I know I'm smacked to the ground by something heavy. I open my eyes to see Luke on top of me, waving the bag of crisps over me.